How does elux receive new items before LV.com?

I love Louis

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey
I don't get it! How can elux carry the zippy coin purse yet it's not even on the actual louisvuitton.com website yet?? Wouldn't they keep a certain amount of inventory for themselves before shipping out to elux? Any ideas? I bet the zippy coin purse will be conviently available on LV.com after Thursday!!! grrrr :cursing:

mariah9999

Lovin' LV
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
Purseville
You know this is a great question! I have no idea how this is possible either. I always buy on louisvuitton.com but I was dying for a MC Zippy Coin Purse and because of the price increase went ahead and purchased it online this morning on eLux, since it was available. Crazy though that it's not available on LV. I hope someone has some insight on this one!!!

jennykay

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I've been watching both websites closely for the past week and I've noticed that some items come and go quickly and even several times during a day on both sites. The MC zippy coin has been on both sites at one time or another. My advice is to keep checking.

RealDealGirl

Addicted to pink
May 2, 2007
Connecticut
I don't know really, but since elux and Louis Vuitton are both owned by LVMH and since they're part of the same company, then maybe they just alternate who gets the first production of an item first, you know? I think its totally random 'cause it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
That is a very good question. Although buying from Eluxury is best for me since I don't have to pay sales tax and I think Elux charges less for shipping...only $12.50 and vuitton.com charges $17.00.

I love Louis

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey
jennykay - really? I didn't realize it has been shown on LV.com yet.. I guess that sort of answers my question but even so, it seems more frequently available on elux... I've seen it on there a couple times yet not at all on LV.com.

Designingstyle - I agree with you.. it makes more sense to order from elux but i've heard a lot of horror stories about it!

thanks everybody for your ideas so far : )

I love Louis

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey
Designingstyle - thanks for the info, but I'm sad to say the zippy coin purse has been MIA from the site since I decided I definitely want it! Go figure! But I got her today from short hills... I'm ecstatic!!!!