How do you....

I bought a couple dogleash clips from eBay like the auction below. They're nice, but the prices are pretty high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390084957488&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Someone on tPF referred me to this site, and I plan to order from them but haven't gotten around to it yet. I plan to get some of the small bolt snaps and either some trigger snaps or lobster claw bolt snap hooks.

http://www.usalanyards.com/hooks.aspx

I also picked up a couple random letter charms at the outlet in the $10 bin and I use the clasp from them.

I have lots of fobs and get tired of changing the clasps, so it would be nice to have more of them. And I'll get them in both nickel and brass for the few brass keyrings that I have found.

They also have those little dog leash clips at Lowe's and Home Depot.

Do they have small clips? In all the Home Depots, Lowe's, Wal Marts, and other hardware stores I've searched in, I have never found any that are a decent size. I've only seen big clips, way too big for a key chain. I'd love to get some in person and not have to pay shipping.

I do not know if you have an Orchard Supply Hardware or True Value hardware near you, but I have had luck at both of those places, or why not go to the nearest Pet Store and see if they have any or repurpose one off of a cheap dog leash?

Do they have small clips? In all the Home Depots, Lowe's, Wal Marts, and other hardware stores I've searched in, I have never found any that are a decent size. I've only seen big clips, way too big for a key chain. I'd love to get some in person and not have to pay shipping.

The one near me has a lot of different sizes, but it probably depends on the location.

With the smaller ones, be sure to measure the opening in the clip - some are too small to fit over Coach's hardware. I've had good luck with the ones from Silver-Coach, especially the sets that include a clip, keyring and ball chain.

I've also used smaller sterling silver bracelets for hanging charms from my bags.

instead of going to lowe's/home depot, i just went to Claire's and over on that junk bin where they frequently have sales of 10 items for $10 (or whatever price they feel like) they had a lot of keyrings with the trigger clasp. i just took the junk they had on and use the clasp.

I went on a hunt in my city about a month ago. Hobby Lobby, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, Walmart, Home Depot....no luck. The craft stores didn't have any, and at walmart and Home Depot they were HUGE. I got frustrated and gave up. I'd love to find them someplace local but I'm out of ideas.

Someone on tPF referred me to this site, and I plan to order from them but haven't gotten around to it yet. I plan to get some of the small bolt snaps and either some trigger snaps or lobster claw bolt snap hooks.

http://www.usalanyards.com/hooks.aspx

^^I have purchased some from this site.^^ They are great! You do have to pay shipping, but the hooks/snaps are inexpensive, so I did not spend a lot overall.