How do you wear your Cross-body?

LouVLover

LouVLover
May 3, 2012
I have a Metis Pochette and an Alma BB. I usually don't wear my bags cross-body but just over one shoulder. But, when I do wear it cross-body, I am always unsure of how to wear it.

SO! How do you all wear your "cross-body" bags? Do you:
* Wear it on your hip?
* Wear it toward the back? (Hesitant to wear this way lest someone pick pocket it. Or,
* Wear it in the front (so no one can pick it?) But then it bumps into everything!

What is the preferred/correct way to wear a cross-body? :smile:

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
I guess it depends on the bag. I have Bloomsbury GM and I usually wear that to the back on the hip. I finally broke down and bought a strap for my alma pm. That seem to look okay on the hip. I keep my Chanel jumbo and WOC in front.

NWGal

O.G.
May 25, 2012
I wear my odeon pm on my hip or towards the back. I've always wondered if the buckle on the strap should be in the front or the back though? I keep mine in the back but then the on my bag zipper goes from back to front rather than front to back. It's a little more work to open this way but I prefer it with the buckle in the back. Wasn't sure if there's a "right" way to wear it.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
Front. To protect it from others and from it bumping into things in general. Especially with the Alma. It's big and structured so I definitely don't want to bump into people and things with it.

It does bump around a bit on me but I hardly notice since I'm used to carrying all my crossbody bags this way.

mrschuckie

Dec 15, 2013
Hi guys, I am very new here and I really dont know where to post my question. I have a saumur MM LV bag. I want to change or repair my strap and the leather edges around the bag.

Do you know any repair store that you could recommend? or i might as well bring this to an LV store. my friend told me not to bring it to LV because they have a pricey repair.

Thanks for the tips!

LouVLover

LouVLover
May 3, 2012
I wear my odeon pm on my hip or towards the back. I've always wondered if the buckle on the strap should be in the front or the back though? I keep mine in the back but then the on my bag zipper goes from back to front rather than front to back. It's a little more work to open this way but I prefer it with the buckle in the back. Wasn't sure if there's a "right" way to wear it.

I am left handed and I like the buckle in front so my zipping is always wrong. I am unsure of how THAT is supposed to be either!! LOL!!

MelanieJoyce

Jul 14, 2012
Hi guys, I am very new here and I really dont know where to post my question. I have a saumur MM LV bag. I want to change or repair my strap and the leather edges around the bag.

Do you know any repair store that you could recommend? or i might as well bring this to an LV store. my friend told me not to bring it to LV because they have a pricey repair.

Thanks for the tips!

Please take it to a LV store for the repair. I wouldn't let anyone else repair my LV bags. ;)

Angie4m

Aug 27, 2013
I wear it slightly front but on my hip. That way it's always towards the front. I'd never wear a bag at the back, that's just asking for trouble in a city. But that's my preference. I also out my hand on my bag quite a lot, just as it's there