How do you wash your True Religion Jeans?

aliwishesbear

Feb 24, 2008
Cold water delicate wash, hang to dry...then I throw mine in the dryer for abour 5 minutes to soften them up and knock the wrinkles out. i have had my TR destroyed Joey's for years...and the only thing that has made the rips bigger is me crouching down and putting my knee through the hole, etc...

You don't really need to wash jeans that often if it's just normal wear :smile:

Otherwise, what everyone else said is good - wash in cold water, delicate cycle, and HANG DRY. Putting clothes in the dryer is what kills them, not the wash cycle. Handwashing jeans is difficult because it's hard to wring them out, they get SO HEAVY. Another option would be to spray with some fabreeze and the hang them up in the sun (on a HOT day) and let the sun freshen them up naturally!

You don't really need to wash jeans that often if it's just normal wear :smile:

Otherwise, what everyone else said is good - wash in cold water, delicate cycle, and HANG DRY. Putting clothes in the dryer is what kills them, not the wash cycle. Handwashing jeans is difficult because it's hard to wring them out, they get SO HEAVY. Another option would be to spray with some fabreeze and the hang them up in the sun (on a HOT day) and let the sun freshen them up naturally!

the dryer does break down the lycra (stretch) over time, but it shouldn't cause too much harm on rigid (100% cotton) jeans.

^^ i think true religions are like that. mine stretch and get loose after a couple of wears too.

theyre comfy jeans ;]

i usually wash mine in a cold cycle and dry them in a low heat for atleast 10-15 minutes so they dry nicely then hang dry them.

how much do true religions stretch? i got the joey's today because nordstrom rack FINALLY had my size! they fit perfectly, maybe just a tad snug. i don't want them to stretch out too much but i don't think i can squeeze myself into a smaller size!

I think they stretch a normal amount. The same as 7 For All Man Kind. Once you wash them they should be go back down to the original size. I just thought they would be tighter because I've read they run small, but they are true to size.

TR jeans run true to size but some fits are TTS (too tightly small) or some run big

Joeys for my sister and I we both had to size up. Julies in a black wash I probably should have sized up but Julies in lighter washes fit snug and my Johnnys feel a bit loose at times