How do you use your pochette?

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I have been considering the Mono Pochette, but I am wondering how versatile it is. Clearly, it can be used as a cosmetic case inside a larger bag, but can it also be carried as a small or clutch bag by itself? Or would that just look silly?

Sadly, because there is no LV Boutique in my state (the closest is in Chicago, about 5 hours from here), I haven't had a chance to see it in person and try it on. The measurements make it seem large enough to carry as a clutch or small bag, but I am just looking for first-hand experience! Thanks!

peace43

O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
I use my Pochette as a clutch and I have an extender for it. I take it out when I don't want to carry a big purse around. It's also great when going on a trip - I have my large LV, but use the Pochette in the evening if going out to dinner. Usually carry a small wallet (sorry, not an LV wallet), cell phone, lip balm, and keys. I love it!!!

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
You can definitely use this as a small clutch! That's how I use mine (as well as other members on the board). I love this little bag for shopping or going out. I can fit a cell, a wallet, a couple lipsticks, a skinny mirror, a pen, and my keys.

Depending on your height, you may consider using an extender (the LV key ring). I'm too cheap to buy one though, but I can put it on my shoulder fine (I'm 5'4" 110-115 lbs).

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
I always use mine as a little bag for essentials for short trips to the store, Starbucks etc. I always use an extender because that's how my first pochette was sold to me and I can't go without it now :lol:
IMO they're too cute to be stowed away inside another bag :yes:

jayjay77

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
I love my pouchette. Typically I stick it inside a larger bag, but I use it on its own to run around at lunch or in the evening. I can't belive how much I use this bag, even though I have quite a few moe expensive LV bags!!! I think you will love the pouchette -- it can fit a walet, cell phone, keys, lip stick -- all the basics:heart:

rileygirl

Gettin jiggy w/it!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
I use it as a little clutch and also as a wallet in my BH. Mine has been in my collection since 99 and it wad the 2nd bag that I bought. Very versatile and you can actually hold quite a bunch of things in it!!!

qtpie4u34

Dec 12, 2006
I use mine as a shoulder bag with the keychain/extender. I am not a big bag type of girl so I use it as an everyday bag. I plan on getting a damier one as well. I usually carry my cles, cell phone, small hairbrush, keys, lip gloss, powder compact, and gum. It really does fit a lot. :smile:

madzia

O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
i've been considering buying the pochette as well...
these are porbably some super stupid questions but....i'll risk it :smile:

what is the extender? how much? where do you get it/any on eluxury? how much length does it add? what is the length of the strap w/out it?

i've also seen gold chains on the mini pochettes...are those available on the regular sized accessory pochettes?