How do you use wristlets?

spykitty

O.G.
Sep 1, 2008
Southern Ca
I love me some Coach wristlets but, what/how do you use them?

I always have a purse when I go out bc I like having a lot with me.

Thanks!

bagap

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
Cali-4-Ni-A
The possibilities are endless...as a wallet if it's one of the smaller ones like the Sig series because you can carry cards, cash, coins, etc in them...Also, if it's a larger one like a Hamptons capacity, it is almost like a clutch. I've used one to carry a cell phone, mini skinny (which is like a tiny wallet), gum, compact, lip gloss and keys. You can also them as cosmetic cases, which I also do with the Hamptons capacity wristlet. Hope this helps! :yes:

rendodan110

Danielle
O.G.
Oct 9, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I use one for makeup and misc small things and 1 for my psp. I have a capacity i use when i am going for a walk to a park etc with just my cell, ID,debit card and keys. and I have a smaller wristlet I keep my flonase, asthma inhaler and eye drops in.

bagap

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
Cali-4-Ni-A
Also, I forgot to add that some wristlets are very fancy, like some of the Legacy ones and can retail for $298 while some are on the simple side and cost only about $48. So it depends what you want to spend and what you want to use it for primarily. Okay, now I'm done :P

smerestain

Jun 24, 2007
i have a hamptons capacity wristlet and i usually use it when i dont feel like using a purse. it can be very convenient sometimes. I usually can put my legacy french wallet and a mini skinny. if im not using it as a "purse" i use it as a makeup bag.

aillae

mmm...
Sep 3, 2008
I use it as a cellphone case, at least the old outdated ones. :P
I'm thinking about getting the capacity wristlets to store my Nintendo DS, Camera, and cellphone, and other small stuff too. I hate having my bag so cluttered with tiny things!

I'm such a neat freak when it comes to purses, yay!

Edit:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Zoe Capacity wristlets! I love that we can finally carry it as a handbag and a wristlet. But I might go for the ones with the removable wristlet strap. I dislike it when the strap gets in the way when I try to zip my purse! Ick.

nekostar0412

Bitten by the CHANEL Bug
O.G.
Jul 28, 2007
I just bought a capacity wristlet to put my Nintendo DS in, and it fits perfectly! [Except I have a case on my DS, so that takes up a lot of space...] I usually use a wristlet like a wallet: only my essential IDs and some cash + lipbalm/lipgloss/lipstick (only one of those) + cell phone. I have a Gucci keyholder, so my keys go somewhere else!

nooch

Judge Roughneck
Apr 25, 2008
I have a wristlet filled with receipts, I have a wristlet that I take to the gym with a few dollars, my ID, my ipod, and my gym key, I have a wristlet with "random bottom of my purse crap"... I don't usually use wristlets alone because I carry too much junk but they make purse switching SO easy!

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
I have four wristlets. I tried using them initially as wallets. I just hate putting all my money and change and cards in one area and have to dig and sort to find change/cards/cash each and everytime. It just makes me so annoyed when I have to do things in a hurry like pay for my groceries and then run to work! I don't even want to think about adding a mini skinny to this mix! I cannot even imagine zipping through a wristlet with all this stuff and then pull out another mini skinny that doesn't have enough dividers either? Ugghhhh! Currently, I don't really have any useful purpose in mind for these zippered flat wristlets.

I prefer the compartments to store my cards--and so I got a few Coach wallets to switch around when I get bored. Currently, I am using my Bleecker Mini Compact Clutch wallets because they're so tiny (almost like mini skinnies) with quick and easy snap access each time and contains all the compartments I need. Besides,it's so very pretty too!

So, I don't use my wristlets. Instead, I use two different size makeup cases I got from Holt Renfrew and they hold so much better and are lighter than any of my Coach wristlets which is an added bonus when the Coach bags are so heavy.

The bigger Clinique bag below I use for my Coach totes with the dogleash closures and the smaller ones for my smaller Coach bags and other bags I have. They're great purse liners so I never worry about the insides of my bags getting dirty and it's so easy to switch stuff from one bag to another. Besides, unlike my flat wristlets, these pouches have flat bottoms and stand on their own very nicely so I can put them on the table and rummage through them like I would a satchel. Also, I tend to switch bags on a daily basis and it only takes a few seconds to lift this case filled with my stuff and move it to another [Coach] bag for the next day.

I am looking forward to another Clinique bonus sale so I can stock up on these makeup bags. I totally love them and they're free with purchases from Clinique which I use regularly anyway. They're strong, sturdy, colourful, and beautiful bags with linings comparable to Coach handbag linings so I don't feel they are in any way 'inferior' to Coach quality. The Clinique zippers are so lovely and strong too! I am saving a heck of a lot of money not getting the Coach versions and these pouches are so much better for my needs.

So, sorry, wristlets to me are pretty useless and I need to carry more stuff than what can hold in a wristlet when I go out. So, maybe I'll sell them or give away to friends as gifts.

Take care,

Attachments

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2008
I use my wristlet when I go out for a little walk during my lunch break at work. I put my keys, my I.D and cellphone. I love it.

Scorpio1101

Apr 13, 2008
I use my wristlets when I go to a ballgame or somewhere that I just need to take my ID, money, lipgloss, phone, camera etc. I also like to use them for money and ID when I go on vacation and don't want to carry a purse.

twin53

O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
i clip it to my bag and put coupons and tissues in it

when the kids were on pre-school field trips i used it instead of a purse whern i was the mommy helper

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
:whiteflag:
Upon reflection, I am grateful to wristlets. I tried to use them in so many different ways and got more and more frustrated (I did give it a good trial for two weeks) that I happened upon my Clinique pouches and discovered the usefulness of these and gave up on those. I happily went back to my wallet use, but got more Coach wallets instead.

If it wasn't for my wristlets, I would not be organizing my stuff so well. So, yes, wristlets for me were useful as a learning experience and I am glad for it.

I think wristlets are for the youthful (and the youthful at heart) who are footloose and fancy free. :P :nuts: :sunshine:

Take care,

Last edited:

Jhkkknn

Mar 29, 2008
S of Pittsburgh, PA
I have a wristlet filled with receipts, I have a wristlet that I take to the gym with a few dollars, my ID, my ipod, and my gym key, I have a wristlet with "random bottom of my purse crap"... I don't usually use wristlets alone because I carry too much junk but they make purse switching SO easy!
This what I use mine for also, I don't like "junk" floating around my purse so it all goes in there. (lip gloss, tide pen, pens, etc.)

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Canada Eh!
i have a couple i use a soho one w a front pocket as a US travel wallet w my passport and american money in int

i use a bleeker small sig one ot hold lipgloss, bandaids, hair pins and stuff and my keys in my bag i also use this sometimes as a smalle evening clutch