How do you track down previous season's shoes?

Rosenrot

Feb 4, 2009
Hi fellow shoe lovers,

I'm desperately seeking for this particular 'Face' suede wedge from Dolce & Gabbana's Fall/Winter 2009 collection. They were sold out a little too quickly over in Southeast Asia, as well as on Farfetch. I wear 37.5-38, and the only seller who have these on Ebay have sold all but size 36.

My question is, how do you hunt down shoes that are no longer available at the flagship stores, other than waiting for one to re-appear on Ebay? Are there any Dolce & Gabbana outlet stores that can take phone orders? I live in Australia so that makes things a much more difficult and I'll only be in UK in June. Would anyone mind sharing any tips or experiences with such things? Or have you seen it in any stores recently? All help is greatly appreciated.

http://awomanandhershoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/dg1.jpg (sorry, image is not working, so here's a link instead)

I'm not a fan of *bay, so I like to check out outnet.com, bluefly.com, and also stores like Off Saks, or the outlets where you can find some last season goodies.

I agree with checking Bluefly, The Outnet and I've also found some great old-season stock at Yoox, although the latter usually sells stock from two seasons ago (so you may have to check them in FW10). If there are any designer consignment stores in your area I'd frequent them regularly as well, because things like these do tend to pop up.

Dolce & Gabbana has a large outlet store outside Florence you could call if you really can't find the shoe anywhere. I have no idea if they ship or take phone orders, but they may be able to help you out. Their number is +39 055 833111 (if this doesn't work try omitting the '0').

The shoes weren't stocked at Net-A-Porter so I highly doubt it'd appear on The Outnet. I'm definitely checking out Bluefly and Yoox constantly now.

Slky - There aren't any Dolce&Gabbana stockists in Melbourne, but I'm definitely going to call the Florence outlet store. Thank you!

Thanks for your help so far guys! Of course all other suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Update: Called the Florence store, was asked to email someone. Got an email back saying that I should call the London store, and they redirected me to the outlet store whose SA told me they won't have the Fall/Winter 09 items until next season. It looks like my best bet is Ebay now.

Anyway thanks for all your help guys!