How do you tie wraparound sandals??

Dec 14, 2006
I have a pair of flat Dior sandals with a strap that's supposed to be tied around the ankle. The problem is, I'm not sure how to tie it. With every method that I've tried, when I walk the strap is being pulled from the two spots it's attached to the shoe and I'm scared it's going to rip off. It's kind of hard to explain, but does anyone have any idea how it's supposed to be tied? I wish I could walk with my feet completely flat and not have to raise my heel :sad:

This is a pic of the pair I have
Diorlita%20Wraparound%20Sandal-734957.jpg

Those are really cute. I have a couple of pairs of ankle tie sandals and have wondered the same thing. No matter how I tie them, it never seems to look just right.

thanks maxter, but I never have the same problem in wedges because I walk toe-toe. In flats, it's heel-toe which causes the heel to lift off the shoe and pull the straps. I wish the Dior's had a little bit of a wedge to them because it would solve my problem *sigh*

What I suggest is cross over the tie in the back first. Flex your ankle, and continue until you are finished wrapping around the ankle. It should hold fine. You might have to adjust it every so often though.

I have those exact sandals!! I love them, I got so many compliments on them when I wore them the other day!

I tie it from the back. Pull the two strings behind your ankle first and this way when you walk, the heel part of the sandal goes up with your feet. The only problem with this is that after awhile the strings bite into your ankle area so that it starts to hurt.

I can take a pic if you want