How do you tell your friend her Macbrushes are fake?

GOALdigger

Nov 10, 2008
My gf was telling me that she got these brushes from EBAY and they sent them to her from CHINA and she paid THIRTY DOLLARS for THIRTY Brushes or more.
************f0000][/COLOR]
At first when she told me I was a bit jealous , but when she started telling the details I was like there aint no way those things are real. She seem to be really happy about them so I let her enjoy her "mac" brushes.

Maybe if she gets on my nerves I"ll call her out on it. Like "Oh Yeah, that why yo Mac Brushes are fake, B!"

LOL

just joking yall. Sorta. lol

Just wanted to share with my purse forum sisteren.

Does she question that they could be fake? If she does just recommend that she gets them checked out at a MAC counter and that you will go with her. She may not really care that they are fake.

Does she question that they could be fake? If she does just recommend that she gets them checked out at a MAC counter and that you will go with her. She may not really care that they are fake.

She thinks they are real.You should have seen her face when she was telling me about them. I couldn't break her heart. She's had them for like 2 years and they are still in tact. IF that the case and she hasn't broken out in some weird rash for them using skunk hair or something LOL

Im going to keep it on the low. No need to break her heart. Just thought I share.

I didn't hesitate to break the news to my BFF when she excitedly told me she got a huge lot of "MAC" pigments in the mail from eBay for an otherworldly price. It did make her panic, but I suggested she contact the seller and point out their inauthenticity, which she did. She was able to receive a full refund and was actually really thankful that I had told her. I informed her there are many, many knock-offs on eBay and I personally do not take the risk of purchasing there; she now only buys from MAC stores/counters and says feels wiser from the experience. :tup:

Yeah, I wouldn't say anything. I don't see the need to. She's had them too long to do anything about it. You may want to educated her on the amount of fakes on ebay in casual conversation unrelated to her purchase. She may not know. Once she learns, maybe eventually she will realize her brushes may be fake. She may not care but it will help her for her future purchases. I didn't realize how mayn fakes were on ebay when I first started ebay. I remember buying COH jeans and having no idea they were fake until much later.

There is fake EVERYTHING on Ebay. Heck, there are fake sock vendors where I live, and I've seen fake cars. And of course it will be all be on Ebay to rake in extra cash from the unsuspecting.

xikry5talix I'm scared to buy on Ebay too, and to sell, because you never know WHO you're dealing with!

And if people can replicate a bag, they can definitely replicate a box and an authenticity card. You can BUY hologram stickers, etc.....

Some people just don't get it.

There is fake EVERYTHING on Ebay. Heck, there are fake sock vendors where I live, and I've seen fake cars. And of course it will be all be on Ebay to rake in extra cash from the unsuspecting.

xikry5talix I'm scared to buy on Ebay too, and to sell, because you never know WHO you're dealing with!

And if people can replicate a bag, they can definitely replicate a box and an authenticity card. You can BUY hologram stickers, etc.....

Some people just don't get it.

fake cars?????

I'm sure your friend probably doesn't care at this point. I mean it has been a long time so there's nothing she can really do about it and her $30 brushes has lasted her for a year+ which is a lot longer than I expect poorly made brushes to last. As long as they're doing what they're intended to do, I would just let her be happy about it.

I wouldn't call her out on it though. Maybe if she's thinking about purchasing a new set, you should jump in and tell her what you believe is real/fake on ebay. Maybe she'll realize the set she has now is fake.

My gf was telling me that she got these brushes from EBAY and they sent them to her from CHINA and she paid THIRTY DOLLARS for THIRTY Brushes or more.
************f0000][/COLOR]
At first when she told me I was a bit jealous , but when she started telling the details I was like there aint no way those things are real. She seem to be really happy about them so I let her enjoy her "mac" brushes.

Maybe if she gets on my nerves I"ll call her out on it. Like "Oh Yeah, that why yo Mac Brushes are fake, B!"

LOL

just joking yall. Sorta. lol

Just wanted to share with my purse forum sisteren.

:lolots:does she "really" know they are fake? Sometimes people know the things they buy on Ebay are fake but don't say anything.

I had no idea that they make fake MAC brushes. This is one of the reasons why I'm sooo scared to buy on Ebay!

and fake MAC makeup too :tdown: my sister had some that a friend "gave" to her. She had like 5 eye pencils all in different colors. I'd be afraid to put that mess on my eyes you never know what ingrediants are being faked as well.

chiara haha yeah, if you google it u can see (China/Middle East). and you can take it another way, there are also people in the US who buy Hondas and then put BMW emblems on them so they look like BMWs..