How do you take care of your LV speedy and neverfull bags

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. And is it necessary to buy bag organizers and shapers to maintain shape?

2. I do not have a neverfull but I do have a speedy B and I do not use a shaper. When not using the bag I stuff it with tissuepaper or paper from packages I have received. When using it I prefer the shape to be fluid and natural I like it when the bottom sags a bit.

3. #3 May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    I have never put any cleaning or cleansing leather products on my bags (DE or mono). I stuff all my Speedys and NFs with soft fluffy light pillows and store them upright in their dustbags when not in use. While using I do use base shapers since I dislike slouchy/hobo bags. After I've used them for a day or two, I just wipe down the handles and the canvas with alcohol and perfume free baby wipes (we have 2 babies so Always have those around!), you'll be surprised with the amount of dirt you see come off on the wipes, even for DE.

Btw there is a specific way to store the NF, just search via keyword for ideas or check out the way I store mine... http://forum.purseblog.com/showpost.php?p=30146128&postcount=326

4. Interesting, thank you ladies for the tips! :yahoo:

5. I stuff my NF with a pillow from ikea and leave my purse organizer in too- since its a mono the straps are soft so I just flop them over the pillow. I don't stuff my DE speedy b. I leave my organizer in and it keeps its shape- I take off the straps and unbuckle it and lay it flat in the bag. I also keep the handles covered with a smaller dust bag in an upright position to prevent possible handle indentation on the canvas. Both bags are stored in a drawstring dust bag. I only recently started using LMB on my mono bags. I like the results. It says u can use it on the canvas too so I did use on my NF. No treatment for DE speedy b.

6. When I'm not using my Speedy (which is rare) I keep it stuffed with a No Sacrifice Save our Shape inflatable purse stuffers. I store it in a dustbag with the handles up.
    I'm very careful with my handles and use a pair of Love Handles to protect my handles from sweat and body oils.
    I don't use a base shaper since I don't carry much and I don't mind the bottom sagging.

7. Hello. I have a vintage speedy 30 and it has a small scratch in the canvas, do you know how to fin it?
    Thanks in advance.

8. I take care of my bags that I buy new, if I know I'm gonna throw it around I'll buy pre-loved!

9. Does anyone know of neverfull corners can be repaired? My GM in Damier Ebene is starting to show a little red on the corners. Is this something that I could possibly get repaired?

10. hi guys, i have this neverfull for 4 years but it is not really heavy used. I noticed that there are cracks in handle specially in the middle part and it looks really dry, is it a normal wear and tear? what can i do? Thank you for your help guys! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466518759.445729.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466518772.619131.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466518794.179779.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466518810.287971.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466518821.927316.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Can anyone recommend a leather conditioner for treated LV leather? I would hate for my bag to get dry and cracked. I have LMB Vachetta conditioner, can I use that on it?