How do you style your athleisure / loungewear outfits during shelter in place? SHARE YOUR PHOTOS!

Feb 22, 2007
Midwest Mama
jmjphillip.com
Hello Everyone!
I'm looking to give my COVID athleisure/loungewear wardrobe a kick in the pants and would love to see some ideas for taking it up a notch in terms of style.

My old standby for 'zjeuzhing up' my yoga pants when I run out so I don't look like a mess is adding a distressed denim jacket over my black Lulus and a cute t shirt or tank. If I'm feeling 'fancy' I'll add a Chanel brooch to my jacket.

It must be getting 'tired' as my DH said to me the other day, 'Really? A jean jacket? Huh.' Bless his heart. LOL.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
t must be getting 'tired' as my DH said to me the other day, 'Really? A jean jacket? Huh.' Bless his heart. LOL.
I nearly fell off my chair laughing ^ bc this is what my DH thinks too :smile: instead of a Chanel brooch, I use one of my bags to go out, but I actually keep my cc in a pocket and my keys on a lanyard (so I do not actually open the bag :smile:

Reactions: RT1 and tlamdang08

baghagg

Bags and swag are my kryp-tonite
Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
I told my teenage daughter that when I wear my mask to the food store it's not so terrible because at least people don't recognize me (or each other) for the most part, and she said "I don't how that's possible because you wear the same thing every day"!!! :lol: I had to explain to her that it's the same 3 things: yoga pants, long shirt and running shoes - the mom uniform! Hence, I'm probably not the one to offer advice here, lol, but I hope to make you all laugh. Cheers :drinks:

Feb 22, 2007
Midwest Mama
jmjphillip.com
I told my teenage daughter that when I wear my mask to the food store it's not so terrible because at least people don't recognize me (or each other) for the most part, and she said "I don't how that's possible because you wear the same thing every day"!!! :lol: I had to explain to her that it's the same 3 things: yoga pants, long shirt and running shoes - the mom uniform! Hence, I'm probably not the one to offer advice here, lol, but I hope to make you all laugh. Cheers :drinks:
:giggle:

GhstDreamer

Lady Philosophy
Authenticator
O.G.
May 13, 2008
Near carnage alley
Hate to say this but I have no loungewear. I just wear my pjs for most of the day and they aren't even pretty or cute pjs. :lol: Sometimes I do have a hoodie on too but that's when I am attending an online workshop. Though when I am out and about I put on some cute jean shorts or skirt and nice summery top. I've been eating out at restaurants (patio dining only) and wore summer dresses. Need to get dressed up a bit to feel refresh.

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
I also don’t own any loungewear (and hate sweatpants). In the mornings, if there are no online meetings I tend to linger in my PJs. Currently these are Desmond and Dempsey, which I totally adore. Probably the thing I find the most pleasure buying nowadays. I am actually now going to buy one of their oversized shirts as loungewear. They look just the thing we all need right now (and they should look good with leggings too)

Otherwise, I either wear old jeans or pants and tees/shirts, or give a second life to clothes. For example, I tend to wear the hell out of a dress one Summer, and use it as loungewear the next. For shoes it is the same, either espadrilles, or used mules and flats.

The thing is, I really felt confortable in blazers at the office, but feels a bit absurd to wear them at home... I grab one when I go out, and sometimes I just leave it on for a bit, or wear it to meetings even if they are definitely overdressed in the Zoom world.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Agree with bottle of red. I haven’t worn leggings for weeks now. I do have one elastic waisted linen blend skirt that must be 7 years old at least from a cheap store called strawberries ( no longer in business). Strawberries made TJMAXX look upscale. it tore in the back, and DH (who hates cheap,y made clothing) said hopefully, you’re going to throw that away or turn it into a rag, right? Wrong. I hade my dry cleaner patch it and it’s perfect for covid errands. Of course the patch cost more than the skirt. . And I may have to dry clean it since it’s probably to fragile to wash . . . But as Luv2shop _78 says, I can ‘zjeuzhing‘ it up with a tank top and a stretchy standard by james perse line button down and a bag . :smile: sadly, I cannot fit into my cute Jean shorts like Ghstdreamer, but maybe in a few months ;) sometimes I think obesity rates could have been prevented or Curtailed if we didn’t have access to stretchy pants.

off to google Desmond and dempsy as per doni ^ above, thanks !

Last edited:

Dextersmom

Dec 5, 2015
Since March, I have been relying heavily on Athleta. Several times a week I wear their skirts, skorts and shorts. They are very comfortable and well made, imo. They also wash well and do not wrinkle. They have been taking me from day to night; from lounging, to Zoom's, to my afternoon walks and beyond. Sometimes I even sleep in their Farallon shorts, if I am feeling too lazy to change. I will post some casual pic's in a day or two.:heart:

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Agree with bottle of red. I haven’t worn leggings for weeks now. I do have one elastic waisted linen blend skirt that must be 7 years old at least from a cheap store called strawberries ( no longer in business). Strawberries made TJMAXX look upscale. it tore in the back, and DH (who hates cheap,y made clothing) said hopefully, you’re going to throw that away or turn it into a rag, right? Wrong. I hade my dry cleaner patch it and it’s perfect for covid errands. Of course the patch cost more than the skirt. . And I may have to dry clean it since it’s probably to fragile to wash . . . But as Luv2shop _78 says, I can ‘zjeuzhing‘ it up with a tank top and a stretchy standard by james perse line button down and a bag . :smile: sadly, I cannot fit into my cute Jean shorts like Ghstdreamer, but maybe in a few months ;) sometimes I think obesity rates could have been prevented or Curtailed if we didn’t have access to stretchy pants.

off to google Desmond and dempsy as per doni ^ above, thanks !
OMG strawberries! I had completely forgotten about this store. I passed the one on the UES a million times but never went in because it always looked so dark and uninviting. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: loh and 880

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
OMG strawberries! I had completely forgotten about this store. I passed the one on the UES a million times but never went in because it always looked so dark and uninviting. :biggrin:
Yes, that’s the one! It was like a dark pit compared to TJMAXX :smile:

Reactions: loh and limom

Incalifornia7

Aug 17, 2017
Hello Everyone!
I'm looking to give my COVID athleisure/loungewear wardrobe a kick in the pants and would love to see some ideas for taking it up a notch in terms of style.

My old standby for 'zjeuzhing up' my yoga pants when I run out so I don't look like a mess is adding a distressed denim jacket over my black Lulus and a cute t shirt or tank. If I'm feeling 'fancy' I'll add a Chanel brooch to my jacket.

It must be getting 'tired' as my DH said to me the other day, 'Really? A jean jacket? Huh.' Bless his heart. LOL.
I love denim lol

Roie55

O.G.
Aug 13, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
www.pinterest.com.au
I have been wearing my leggings all the time too, its cold now so i'll put on a puffer vest or puffer coat. they look good with leggings. You can make the jean jacket look more stylish by tying a long sleeve T around your waist with the jacket over it. Its always a cool look. ALso long long wool cardigan with leggings - also look great.