How do you store your stoles?

Lilarose

Sep 27, 2009
Mine are currently stored in their bags, which are in a large dresser drawer.

I forget about them or can't remember which ones I have. LV and other brands.

I'd like to actually SEE them in my closet so I thought of getting a garment bag and draping them over a thick hanger so I'd at least be reminded of what I have when I select clothes.

How do you store your stoles?

i twist mine up and put them in a Gallon-size baggie, two stoles to a bag. not very fancy but i've had issues in the past with moths and this will keep moths from eating holes in my stoles.

i twist mine up and put them in a Gallon-size baggie, two stoles to a bag. not very fancy but i've had issues in the past with moths and this will keep moths from eating holes in my stoles.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! I knew someone would have a good idea. :hugs:

It'll be SO easy to see them in clear plastic bags. Now I feel like a dummy for not thinking of this. LOL

I store mine in a large Louis Vuitton box.

I've got boxes, but I still wouldln't be able to see them though.

Off to the pantry for zip lock baggies!

BINGO!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much! I knew someone would have a good idea. :hugs:

It'll be SO easy to see them in clear plastic bags. Now I feel like a dummy for not thinking of this. LOL

I've got boxes, but I still wouldln't be able to see them though.

Off to the pantry for zip lock baggies!

i'm glad you like this idea. i almost didn't post it (i was going to PM you instead) since it seems so silly to put the nice LV stoles in a Ziplock baggie. but then i thought, "hey, it works," so i might as well let everyone know about it.

i had a beautiful cashmere-blend coat at my mother's house. well, it didn't get put in the cedar chest when i moved out and when i went back to get it several years later moths had ruined it by eating parts of the collar. i think i would have a heart attack if something like that happened to my stoles!

Frk'n Moths!!!
I lost a pair of black UGGS to moths!!! :sad:
I was so grossed out, I threw them in the trash!
They were nesting and eating the inside.
Now I have cedar up and down my closet
and my remaining uggs all took turns in the freezer for 24 hours but
I want clear plastic containers for each pair.

I am still so grossed out. :sad:

Frk'n Moths!!!
I lost a pair of black UGGS to moths!!! :sad:
I was so grossed out, I threw them in the trash!
They were nesting and eating the inside.
Now I have cedar up and down my closet
and my remaining uggs all took turns in the freezer for 24 hours but
I want clear plastic containers for each pair.

I am still so grossed out. :sad:

yikes!
i'm lucky enough to never have seen the little buggers but i know what a moth-hole looks like and have learned my lesson when it comes to anything with natural fibers that needs to be stored.

i'm glad you like this idea. i almost didn't post it (i was going to PM you instead) since it seems so silly to put the nice LV stoles in a Ziplock baggie. but then i thought, "hey, it works," so i might as well let everyone know about it.

i had a beautiful cashmere-blend coat at my mother's house. well, it didn't get put in the cedar chest when i moved out and when i went back to get it several years later moths had ruined it by eating parts of the collar. i think i would have a heart attack if something like that happened to my stoles!

Nooo, although I would have found out anyway (pm, tnx) it's a GREAT idea!
So simple it's genius!

Open my drawer now and I SEE everything by sliding the bags around (12 stoles) LOVE IT!

I don't have a moth problem here, thank God. It sounds positively creepy.. The zip lock bags are not sealed completely. I sealed to about 1 inch from the end and smooshed the air out a bit. I'll buy some cedar pieces and put them in the drawer just in case though.

Attachments

• stoles.jpg
    stoles.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 413
I had some Mary Engelbreit Wool floor rugs, ya know cherries, scotty dogs, etc... but when I got involved w/ dog rescue I knew the rugs would get ruined by dog pee... so I put them in the garage stacked on a shelf and just didn't think twice about it.

A few years go by and I was in the garage and I notice a bunch of weird dust and things on top of the top rug. So I pulled them out and almost threw up! I had never known about moths destroying this before! :-O It was disgusting!!! All my rugs got tossed, not one could be saved and it wasn't the eating part thats gross its the casings of the unborn baby moths! They are about 1/4-1/2" in length, white. Look like little tubes. When they hatch they eat anything from an animal like lanolin which is in wool and the sheep skin of the uggs. They also like animal dander. And there poop look like pepper! lots and lots of pepper! It's so gross!

Anyway.... ever since that ordeal I would see a baby moth flying around ever once in awhile and somehow the remaining ones migrated from the garage to upstairs in my closet and enjoyed my UGGS! :-O It's awful. So awful.

Anyway... I think the stacked rugs in the garage attracted the moths outside which is how they came into the home. Eek!

I had some Mary Engelbreit Wool floor rugs, ya know cherries, scotty dogs, etc... but when I got involved w/ dog rescue I knew the rugs would get ruined by dog pee... so I put them in the garage stacked on a shelf and just didn't think twice about it.

A few years go by and I was in the garage and I notice a bunch of weird dust and things on top of the top rug. So I pulled them out and almost threw up! I had never known about moths destroying this before! :-O It was disgusting!!! All my rugs got tossed, not one could be saved and it wasn't the eating part thats gross its the casings of the unborn baby moths! They are about 1/4-1/2" in length, white. Look like little tubes. When they hatch they eat anything from an animal like lanolin which is in wool and the sheep skin of the uggs. They also like animal dander. And there poop look like pepper! lots and lots of pepper! It's so gross!

Anyway.... ever since that ordeal I would see a baby moth flying around ever once in awhile and somehow the remaining ones migrated from the garage to upstairs in my closet and enjoyed my UGGS! :-O It's awful. So awful.

Anyway... I think the stacked rugs in the garage attracted the moths outside which is how they came into the home. Eek!

OMG! :wtf: Talk about creepy!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I think I want a load of cedar chips delivered like they do mulch.

I'll shovel them into the house........

Nooo, although I would have found out anyway (pm, tnx) it's a GREAT idea!
So simple it's genius!

Open my drawer now and I SEE everything by sliding the bags around (12 stoles) LOVE IT!

I don't have a moth problem here, thank God. It sounds positively creepy.. The zip lock bags are not sealed completely. I sealed to about 1 inch from the end and smooshed the air out a bit. I'll buy some cedar pieces and put them in the drawer just in case though.

that looks great...what a beautiful collection of stoles (i know, they're easier to sneak in the house:graucho:)

and a little piece of cedar is perfect to add to the bag, i forgot about that. i'll have to get some of those this weekend and do the same.

that looks great...what a beautiful collection of stoles (i know, they're easier to sneak in the house:graucho:)

and a little piece of cedar is perfect to add to the bag, i forgot about that. i'll have to get some of those this weekend and do the same.

I'm planning on putting the cedar in the drawer, not into the plastic bags with the stoles. I'm afraid the cedar would stain them.

What I might put in the actual bags are smaller packs of silica gel, like this one, which I keep in the drawer with the scarves that always stay in their boxes with acid free paper.

Attachments

• silica-gel.jpg
    silica-gel.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 359
I store mine in their dustbags and I have two LV boxes that can fit two scarves each in them. I put my Marine leo with my Bleu Nuit and my Gris Marine and Anthracite together. Since I only have four it's not difficult to remember which one is in which box (the boxes sit on my bag display shelf)- I often grab one to stick in my bag as I go out, just in case.

I store mine in their dustbags and I have two LV boxes that can fit two scarves each in them. I put my Marine leo with my Bleu Nuit and my Gris Marine and Anthracite together. Since I only have four it's not difficult to remember which one is in which box (the boxes sit on my bag display shelf)- I often grab one to stick in my bag as I go out, just in case.

Thanks, Jen. When I first started collecting stoles I didn't have a problem. Now that I've got more than a few I realized the old system just wasn't working.

Based on your comment of grabbing one on your way out, I think I'll put the empty bags in that same drawer so it will be easy for me to select one and slip it in a pouch to drop in my bag. Tnx!

Great idea!! :tup: I never know which stole is which either, so the zip-lock plastic bags will be great!! Thankyou for sharing :hugs:

I must remember cedar balls!! Don't want any critters eating my stoles!! :lol: