How do you store your Kelly?

krawford

O.G.
Feb 3, 2011
I recently purchased a 32cm Kelly in togo leather. Just curious, how should I store this bag, upright? on its back? Do you stuff it with anything? Appreciate any advice.

I used to store all my H bags stuffed and upright. Then I came across threads, especially Docride's, that said to store them lying down on their back to keep their shape so now I store my bags stuffed but lying down (except my Lindy because it's rather boxy already). I also just ordered bag inserts from Divide & Conquer (on Etsy) to further help maintain the shape.

Reactions: terinicola
I store all my H bags on their side, stuffed to maintain their shape, in the original boxes, in the dust bag in a cupboard. I leave the lids off to allow air to circulate though (a SA told me to do this to allow the leather to breathe).

I store my K stuffed lying on their backs in the original sleeper and in their orange box away from sunlight.

+1

I wipe down the bag after use with a clean cotton cloth and let it breathe for 1 day out of sunlight before putting the air bags in, and then I put it in the dust bag and kind of oragami the excess fabric around the base of the bag and fold the top and sides so it doesn't wrinkle and leave lumps when I lay it in the box on the tissue bed.

I also completely own the fact I am stupidly retentive about this process but I've seen bags where they've been looked after like this for 20 years and they look better than new.

After Gixxer's beautiful description, I might start going in that direction!

I carefully stuff the retourne Kelly bags (but not the sellier), slip into the dust bag, and place on a shelf in my closet out of light. They stand upright in a row . . . but I think I'll be pulling out some boxes this weekend for a couple!

I stuff them, put it in the dustbag and store flat on it's back lying down. I think storing upright puts pressure on the material because most of the weight from the hardware is on the top portion of the bag.

However they fit. Seriously, it's an issue. I try to stuff the bags for support at least, and keep them in their dust bags, but some I can lay down and some have to stand up and I'm lucky I can still walk into my closet and turn around. Need. Bigger. Closet.

However they fit. Seriously, it's an issue. I try to stuff the bags for support at least, and keep them in their dust bags, but some I can lay down and some have to stand up and I'm lucky I can still walk into my closet and turn around. Need. Bigger. Closet.

Same here. I'd love to expand mine into the extra guest room, but DH would kill me. :lol:

I do the same as most of the posters. My Kelly stays comfy in her orange box, stuffed just as I purchased her, with the top of her laid down on the paper pillow. I store all my H and Chanel bags this way. I have 2 large walk-in closets so storage isn't an issue.

I store mine as it came to me from the store. (Mine is a sellier, so it probably would be fine to let it stand upright in its sleeper bag, but silly me, I really enjoy opening up the box and taking her out as if it was the first time I ever saw her.... I store my birkin this way too, and still get butterflies whenever I open the box.)

Reactions: Jem131