How do you store your H bags?

I use mine almost daily. However as soon as I get home I lay her on her back resting on a towel. I do that at the office too. Many weird faces every time they see my bag like that LOL My bag insert keeps her stuffed :smile:

I kept all my H bags in their original boxes, except GP 36 which I kept it inside the dustbag upright inside the cabinet, but I tend to use GP36 a lot for work.

I see many celebrities and tpf members storing their Birkins/Kellys upright in shelves. Don't these bags especially togo or clemence loose their shape over time if they are kept standing upright?

I have kept my epsom and box bags standing upright but for my togo I have decided to keep her resting horizontally. However, doing so takes up more closet space as compared to the bag standing upright.

I would love to hear inputs from our very experienced tpf members here. Thanks in advance. :flowers :

i do think it would be better to have them laying down stuffed with air pillows, and rotating from one side to the other occasionally... however, i do not have the space for this, so i store mine upright, stuffed with air pillows and straps tucked in... so far no slouching but i have not had my bags for more than 5 years or so, so i cannot speak for long long term....

Last edited:
All my bags except two are stored in their boxes with original paper packing and cushions.

The two bought on the secondary market did not come with boxes and over time I can really see the difference, an occasional little indent from flopping.

The oldest is a 2003 Togo Christine and I just noticed a change recently when I cleaned out my purse shelves.

Even my beloved floppy evies do better stored in their boxes. Somehow they relax back into their original shape better.

I store my bags the way they came - stuffed, in their dust bags, in their boxes. I put tiny post its on the outside of the boxes so I can see which bag is in which box. I always wanted to be one of those girls who put polaroids on the outside of shoe and purse boxes, but I'm not. The whole process of unpacking and repacking each night is time consuming so just this week I decided to pick my bag on Sunday and not change it until the weekend. It is taking discipline to stick to it even after three days.
Maybe someone can help me with the tissue "pillows". For my herbag zip and halzans, I can't remember if the bags came with the pillow under the handles or on top of the handles. I've been storing the bags flat on their backs with the pillows on top of the handles. It feels like putting the pillows under the bags might actually make them floppier. (I'm not talking about the plastic air pillows that you stuff inside the bag.) Thoughts?

All mine are upright in dustbags, but none are togo/clemence, all Box, Swift or VC.

I was warned not to store bags or scarves in boxes once used :shrugs:

I was actually told by bag SM, the ideal way to store bags was upright in dustbags but hanging, handles through a rail. I don't own a wardrobe that disassembles like that so I just keep upright.

All mine are upright in dustbags, but none are togo/clemence, all Box, Swift or VC.

I was actually told by bag SM, the ideal way to store bags was upright in dustbags but hanging, handles through a rail. I don't own a wardrobe that disassembles like that so I just keep upright.

Interesting. Do you know the reason behind this? Thanks.

I was told this... Her comment was "now you have a beautiful bag, why not display so you can see it everyday?" 😊 So I kept mine on display :lol:

Interesting. Now thinking about it, I do remember seeing birkins hanging on rails in photos showing H workshops....
Should start thinking about how to remodel my wardrobe...

I am not sure if I am the odd one out here. But I actually use padded hangers to hang my bags so I got more space. [emoji16] But I wrap the handles with some fabric so as to prevent handles sticking together or being scratch by the hangers. 🤓🤓