How do you store your fun jewelry?

jillybean307

Wanderlust
O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Hi ladies,

I tend to store my nicer stuff in the boxes they came in, but I have a ton of fun jewelry-you know funky necklaces, rings & such from places like Urban Outfittesr, stuff I bought during my travels, etc.

The trouble is I've just been storing it in my bra drawer:sweatdrop: and I'd like to get some type of jewelry box/case to keep everything in because that would be a little more dignified.:Push:

Does anyone have any cute jewelry boxes they'd like to show me? I need something a decent size. The wood in my room is dark wood-nearly black.

Thanks

I just got a jewelry armoire from Target on sale for $70. They don't have the exact model on the website, though. It's actually a dark, almost black, brown color. It has 5 drawers and side necklace hooks. All my fun jewelry is shoved in the bottom drawer, lol. It's really nice for the price and I'm very happy with the quality.

Even when I quadrupled the size of my jewelry box, there's still no dignity for the fun jewels. :shrugs:

I just got a jewelry armoire from Target on sale for $70. They don't have the exact model on the website, though. It's actually a dark, almost black, brown color. It has 5 drawers and side necklace hooks. All my fun jewelry is shoved in the bottom drawer, lol. It's really nice for the price and I'm very happy with the quality.

Even when I quadrupled the size of my jewelry box, there's still no dignity for the fun jewels. :shrugs:

ahhh booo, I was just at Target today and I didn't see any stand up jewelry boxes! Do you remember what section of the store they were kept in?

I have a jewely armoir as well that I keep some of my good things in, but, as far as my "fun" necklaces, etc....I bought 2 black framed bulletin boards and put clear thumb tacks on it to hang all of my stuff. That way when I am getting ready in the morning, I don't have to open and close a million drawers and boxes in search of that perfect piece. Everything is right there in front of me. Every now and then I will hit it with a blow dryer which keeps any dust off. I've had it that way for about 2 years and it works perfectly for me. The downside is, I have two daughters that can also see what is available at all times :cursing: I'll post a pic later :yes:

I have a jewely armoir as well that I keep some of my good things in, but, as far as my "fun" necklaces, etc....I bought 2 black framed bulletin boards and put clear thumb tacks on it to hang all of my stuff. That way when I am getting ready in the morning, I don't have to open and close a million drawers and boxes in search of that perfect piece. Everything is right there in front of me. Every now and then I will hit it with a blow dryer which keeps any dust off. I've had it that way for about 2 years and it works perfectly for me. The downside is, I have two daughters that can also see what is available at all times :cursing: I'll post a pic later :yes:

Oh yes, please post a picture!

LOL, I don't even bring fun jewelry to my mom's house anymore because she has such a great collection of fun jewelry.

Going to look at overstock now...

I have a jewelry armoire also. I also do the blow dryer trick! Every few months I take everything out of it and use a lint roller to clean it out. Sometimes I have to tear up the tape and use my hands and just dab the smaller sections. It works.

Okay - Here is a picture of ONE of my bulletin boards :sweatdrop: With my matching sets (necklace w/ earrings) I attach the earrings to the necklace so I am not searching endlessly. I really find that since I put these boards up, I use so much more of my jewelry instead of just reaching for the old standbys.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1120380.JPG
    P1120380.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 241
^That is a nice idea. I find myself reaching for the same pieces and never even checking the lower drawers in my jewelry box, so it would be very helpful to be able to see everything.

Okay - Here is a picture of ONE of my bulletin boards :sweatdrop: With my matching sets (necklace w/ earrings) I attach the earrings to the necklace so I am not searching endlessly. I really find that since I put these boards up, I use so much more of my jewelry instead of just reaching for the old standbys.

attachment.php

I REALLY like this idea a ton! Where did you get the board from? It looks like it would match my furniture exactly!

I store 'fun' jewellery in a really beautiful glass dish on my bedside table. I also put my day-to-day jewellery there when I take it off at night.

I REALLY like this idea a ton! Where did you get the board from? It looks like it would match my furniture exactly!

Thanks JB - Actually, I went to Target thinking I was going to find a natural framed board and just paint it, but, they had it in distressed black :yahoo: I have attic heirlooms BR furninture, so, it matched perfectly. They were only $10.00 each! Can't beat that!!:tup:

I like the board idea, too, but I keep thinking, "Thief's dream! It screams ROB ME". Costume fun stuff or not, I'm afraid of openly displaying anything.

HAHA!!! Well, I guess that's what big, huge DOGS are for!! :roflmfao: Nobody is coming in my house without a weapon or a juicy steak! I also live on a street with lots of retitred people that have nothing better to do than watch everyones houses all day :tup: So, I guess it just depends where you live.

attachment.php

I was imaging something really, well not this FABULOUS! I wear diamonds day in and out and wanted to start a casual jewelery wardrobe to funk things up a bit. I was wondering how I was going to store it. Now I know.

I remember one of my girlfriends saying well coordinated dress jewelery makes you look younger! Someone in the group took it a little too seriously and was seen with piles of necklaces on!

IdealD