How do you store your BV collection?

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
O.G.
Apr 1, 2012
I am addicted to organizing closets and other storage areas. I know....it's a bit odd. I have been wondering how others store their BV's. My current collection is pared down to a minimum (for me). I decided to take a couple of photos and ask others to share their storage ideas.

The first photo shows the usual state of affairs. I leave bags in their sleepers if I am not using them. I leave the one or two I might be currently using out on the shelves.

The second photo shows them out. Yes....I labeled the shelves. It helps when they are sleeping to know which bag is on which shelf. Chene is first, Violet is second, Ardoise is third, New Light Gray is fourth, and New Light Gray Pillow is on the bottom. I do not have a large closet, but had a basic California Closet installation put in when I bought the house.

The photos are too big but at least they are not upside down.

Attachments

• bv 1.jpg
    bv 1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 476
  • bv2.jpg
    bv2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 478
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Wow, I love your organization!! Your bags look so happy and pretty too. I keep my bags in their dustbags in lined wicker baskets, about 4 bags to a basket. The baskets are stacked in their own shelving unit.

I'll be following this thread for ideas on how to organize things better. I really dislike how disorganized my current system is.

I am addicted to organizing closets and other storage areas. I know....it's a bit odd. I have been wondering how others store their BV's. My current collection is pared down to a minimum (for me). I decided to take a couple of photos and ask others to share their storage ideas.

The first photo shows the usual state of affairs. I leave bags in their sleepers if I am not using them. I leave the one or two I might be currently using out on the shelves.

The second photo shows them out. Yes....I labeled the shelves. It helps when they are sleeping to know which bag is on which shelf. Chene is first, Violet is second, Ardoise is third, New Light Gray is fourth, and New Light Gray Pillow is on the bottom. I do not have a large closet, but had a basic California Closet installation put in when I bought the house.

The photos are too big but at least they are not upside down.

Wow, I love how you organized them and the labeling! I am an organization freak also, but since I only have a small closet area and not too many bags, mine are just in their dustbags on one shelf. The bags I am using currently the most are on a high shelf in the downstairs coat closet, so I can easily grab them before running out the door. I love periodically going through my stuff, clearing out things I don't need and reorganizing. It's very therapeutic.

Wow, I love your organization!! Your bags look so happy and pretty too. I keep my bags in their dustbags in lined wicker baskets, about 4 bags to a basket. The baskets are stacked in their own shelving unit.

I'll be following this thread for ideas on how to organize things better. I really dislike how disorganized my current system is.
I hope people will be willing to take quick photos for inspiration for the rest of us. I used my iPhone and they turned out ok, if not excessively clear. I have an 8' closet, which is small compared to most houses today. It has been sectioned and I moved the shelves till they were close together to hold the bags but not waste space. I only have my 5 BV's plus a messenger bag that was made for me when I was an equestrienne. I have learned that decluttering is a process, not a destination. I also find it relaxing.

Pinterest has some excellent closet photos. However, too many of them cost more than my wardrobe that I'd put in them! Still, it's fun to dream....and adapt ideas for my own use.

We have a built in cupboard in the master bedroom and that's where I keep my bags. My shoes and all stuff which would be in a dresser are there too. I don't use dust covers because I like to see the bags. I do stuff the bags and wrap the stuffing in the dust cover. Here's a photo.
8d6cdc893781e2957fb9a4702f455b24_zps6a913a6b.jpg

We have a built in cupboard in the master bedroom and that's where I keep my bags. My shoes and all stuff which would be in a dresser are there too. I don't use dust covers because I like to see the bags. I do stuff the bags and wrap the stuffing in the dust cover. Here's a photo.
8d6cdc893781e2957fb9a4702f455b24_zps6a913a6b.jpg

I want your closet! So neat and organized! :smile:

I want your closet! So neat and organized! :smile:

I am a nut about clutter. Add in my decision about two years ago to ONLY buy things I felt fabulous in, and I don't have a ton of clothes (yes, that's it for my sweaters with the exception of three longer ones that I fold in half and hang in the closet). It's much easier to be organized when you have less.

I am a nut about clutter. Add in my decision about two years ago to ONLY buy things I felt fabulous in, and I don't have a ton of clothes (yes, that's it for my sweaters with the exception of three longer ones that I fold in half and hang in the closet). It's much easier to be organized when you have less.
That is a fabulous cabinet! I love the way you can open all the sections and see exactly what you have. The added lighting is a really nice touch.

Re: wardrobe reduction
Have you heard of Project 333? I've never participated, but it has always intrigued me. I think you choose any 33 pieces of clothing to wear for 3 months. Basic undergarments excluded, along with workout clothing. It's part of the minimalist movement.
http://theproject333.com You don't necessarily get rid of anything, but you rotate every three months with whatever you think you will need for that season. I have read that most women wear 20% of their clothing 80% of the time. I think I'm one of those people.

Any chance of a photo? Baskets sound like an attractive alternative.

I found this clear acrylic shelf divider and figured that I can't be the only one who thinks this is genius for bags that fall over (like my medium venetas). It was credited to Amazon. I just checked and they still carry them. (Why did Amazon become a link? I just meant to provide location information.)

Attachments

• acrylic shelf divider.jpg
    acrylic shelf divider.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I use Linen Drop-Front Storage boxes (with little magnets that keep the doors closed!) from The Container Store. My Cervo Hobos lay flat, stuffed with sheepskin remnants I picked up at the Tandy Leather Store. The dust bags are just folded nicely underneath. I use the sweater box size for the bags, and the shoe box size for small leather goods. My OMG Closet is used for many things, so my bags are just a part of it.

I love the clear front on these boxes, love the little door, love the fact that I can see at a glance what I have. I used to go through the labeling business when I had a lot of bags and hadn't thought of using a storage box with a clear front.

I adore The Container Store, and they are having a sale on these right now... They are an investment, but they'll last you the rest of your life.

Attachments

• Photo Jul 11, 6 18 11 PM_800x600.jpg
    Photo Jul 11, 6 18 11 PM_800x600.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 419
  • Photo Jul 11, 6 18 17 PM_800x600.jpg
    Photo Jul 11, 6 18 17 PM_800x600.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 420
  • Photo Jul 11, 6 18 35 PM_800x600.jpg
    Photo Jul 11, 6 18 35 PM_800x600.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 413
  • Photo Jul 11, 6 18 50 PM_800x600.jpg
    Photo Jul 11, 6 18 50 PM_800x600.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 419
I use Linen Drop-Front Storage boxes (with little magnets that keep the doors closed!) from The Container Store. My Cervo Hobos lay flat, stuffed with sheepskin remnants I picked up at the Tandy Leather Store. The dust bags are just folded nicely underneath. I use the sweater box size for the bags, and the shoe box size for small leather goods. My OMG Closet is used for many things, so my bags are just a part of it.

I love the clear front on these boxes, love the little door, love the fact that I can see at a glance what I have. I used to go through the labeling business when I had a lot of bags and hadn't thought of using a storage box with a clear front.

I adore The Container Store, and they are having a sale on these right now... They are an investment, but they'll last you the rest of your life.
How pretty & practical! I also love the container store. But it's a dangerous place for me to visit. I suddenly need all kinds of things that I didn't even know existed prior to walking in the door!

I don't organize anything
I have a very small closet
I only have 2 BV bags and they are in their dusters when not in use
I hang the dusters on hangers so they are not on the floor
the rest of my bags I keep in a basket
they are very inexpensive and don't need to be in dusters
what I do have is a very large collection of evening handbags
I keep them in a tote
I have many vintage bags
my vintage gloves I keep in a dedicated drawer
I am impressed with everyone's organization

All my bags are stuffed with acid free tissue paper & are stored in their dustbags.

I organize my bags by color (light to dark) & I don't expose them to any light of any kind.

I check them very often & replace the tissue. And I don't store them in plastic boxes of any
kind. I only use acid free boxes.

Leather needs to breathe & have been storing my bags this way for more years than I
care to remember... LOL

The tips and closets above are really nice..