How do you store your bags?

Pol

Aug 22, 2011
I've got a rather collection of bags and need to rethink my storage. At the moment they are either in storage boxes under the bed in a spare room, or in a wardrobe. Due to them being in their dust bags I can't easily see which bag is where.

I would like to rearrange my storage so that I can more easily find bags and perhaps have some bags more easily accessible, even on display to make it easier to rotate bags.

Can you inspire me with your storage solutions?

I have 3 large storage boxes under the bed, but I think I need to group the bags together in a better manner and label the boxes, so I know what's in them at a glance.

I've got a rather collection of bags and need to rethink my storage. At the moment they are either in storage boxes under the bed in a spare room, or in a wardrobe. Due to them being in their dust bags I can't easily see which bag is where.

I would like to rearrange my storage so that I can more easily find bags and perhaps have some bags more easily accessible, even on display to make it easier to rotate bags.

Can you inspire me with your storage solutions?

I have mine on a shelved alcove, I always keep them in their dustbags rather than on display as concerned about sunlight. I would worry about them fading if not

I have sewn pics onto the dustbag with matching embroidery thread to the bag so it's easy to see which ones which.

I have some I don't use in summer and vice versa and they are stored separately

Most of them will be stored in the storage boxes in their dust bags (as they currently are) but I need a better system as I'm not using them as much as I could be. I need to rearrange the storage boxes in a better way to make bags more accessible. Not sure if I should organise the storage boxes by size or bag or colour, or just mixed, which will be easier if I label.

I still feel like I want easier access to a few bags so I can chop and change bags more easily, especially for work when time is tight.

When you say picture, do you mean a photo or something similar?

Most of them will be stored in the storage boxes in their dust bags (as they currently are) but I need a better system as I'm not using them as much as I could be. I need to rearrange the storage boxes in a better way to make bags more accessible. Not sure if I should organise the storage boxes by size or bag or colour, or just mixed, which will be easier if I label.

I still feel like I want easier access to a few bags so I can chop and change bags more easily, especially for work when time is tight.

When you say picture, do you mean a photo or something similar?

Yes a colour photo I've taken of each one about 3" x 3" sewn onto the dustbag. It makes it very easy to see what's in each.

It's definitely far easier when they are all together. I also have them grouped together in some sort of order, middle shelf, work bags where they are easy to grab, top shelf delicates, bottom Bays etc

If you search through there are many threads on here about storing your bags

Last edited:
I have mine on a shelved alcove, I always keep them in their dustbags rather than on display as concerned about sunlight. I would worry about them fading if not

I have sewn pics onto the dustbag with matching embroidery thread to the bag so it's easy to see which ones which.

I have some I don't use in summer and vice versa and they are stored separately

Wow, I wish that I were even vaguely organised, just a little bit like you dear Mulberrygal! I do have dust bags, filled with my older, lovely Anya Hindmarch bags, on shelves in a recessed cupboard - although I have to poke them to identify what is inside! The Mulberry girls are relegated to dust bags in boxes atm ... Not ideal!

I couldn't find any threads about bag storage even though I thought I had seen some in the past. Perhaps I need to search in a different manner.

I've still not decided how I want to organise bags, other than I will put very small bags of all brands together as a starting point.

Have found some older threads, but most of you seem to keep your bags in their dust covers in wardrobes, or sectional storage.

Mine are already in dust bags in my wardrobe or in storage boxes, but I've hardly got a clue as to what is where.

Perhaps I ought to have asked as how bags are stored and organised so you can find bags easily.

I like the idea of the photos on the dust bag. That has got to make it a easier to find bags. I'm still keen on having some bags out in order to make it easier to rotate bags during the week.

I keep different styles in different wardrobes and rooms..eg bays in one wardrobe with black oak and choc together and colours etc together but on different shelves same for alexas and then the rest sorted by size so i know vaguely what is where

Have found some older threads, but most of you seem to keep your bags in their dust covers in wardrobes, or sectional storage.

Mine are already in dust bags in my wardrobe or in storage boxes, but I've hardly got a clue as to what is where.

Perhaps I ought to have asked as how bags are stored and organised so you can find bags easily.

I like the idea of the photos on the dust bag. That has got to make it a easier to find bags. I'm still keen on having some bags out in order to make it easier to rotate bags during the week.

Mine are stored almost exactly like this, in dust bags in the top of the spare wardrobe. I did however have a mini brainwave a couple of months ago and affixed gift lables to the tie of each dust bag which tells me what's inside. It's helped loads and I find myself using older bags more regularly!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404899486.231643.jpg

It's mainly for the smaller bags, bays are elsewhere but the tags were less than £2 from John lewis...much cheaper than some of the storage solutions I was lusting after on Pinterest!!

Mine are just stored in their dustbags at the top and bottom of my wardrobes. Not ideal, especially as my collection is growing quite rapidly. We are moving to a bigger house soon so I'm hoping to be able to have a spare room to store my bags in a nice cabinet...I haven't told hubby this yet though lol...

I keep different styles in different wardrobes and rooms..eg bays in one wardrobe with black oak and choc together and colours etc together but on different shelves same for alexas and then the rest sorted by size so i know vaguely what is where

Aha - now that's do-able, elvis - I may well copy this idea, together with the pics on the outside of the bags/boxes (although I did read somewhere that leather bags shouldn't be stored in sealed boxes as they need to breathe ...)

Mine are stored almost exactly like this, in dust bags in the top of the spare wardrobe. I did however have a mini brainwave a couple of months ago and affixed gift lables to the tie of each dust bag which tells me what's inside. It's helped loads and I find myself using older bags more regularly!

View attachment 2680775

It's mainly for the smaller bags, bays are elsewhere but the tags were less than £2 from John lewis...much cheaper than some of the storage solutions I was lusting after on Pinterest!!

Now that looks lovely! You have a beautiful handwriting :smile:

I'm nowhere near an collection, I just have a Lily and a long locked purse...my purse is put away in it's box when not in use (I used it on a daily basis for about 6 months now!) and Lily is packed away in her dustbag. I additionally purchased an older mulberry box für 1 € via ebay where I'll maybe put her in.

When I have more bags I think I'm going to buy simple blag boxes where I put a small polaroid picture of each bag on the side...but that'll take some more time haha

View attachment 2680775

Wow, I really really love the way you store away your bags. I wish, I wasn't such a messy person. I just put my bags into the dustbags and put them away in the cupboard. Somestimes I find bags there I can't remember anymore. :shame: