How do you store your Alexa?

Catash

May 3, 2014
I am going to rest my OS black Alexa for a few months before her next rotation. I have been using her nonstop for like three months; she still looks amazing. She is a soft buffalo.

Do you store your Alexa flat or with packing material? I want to do it the right way so I don't screw up the bag.

Hi,
I stuff mine with the acid free tissue it came with and in its dust bag standing upright in the wardrobe and not too close to my other bags. Normally before I put a bag away I condition it will some gel first to keep it nice and supple
Hope this helps :smile:

Mine is stuffed with winter scarfs to hold it's shape and then stored in my closet packed in the dust bag. Will probably not need the scarfs when my Samorga liner arrives, it looks like it will make it sit up by itself and not wrinkle at all :smile:

I stuff mine with the acid free tissue paper that came with it or baby clothes that my kids have outgrown or towels. Then put it into dust bag standing up in my husband's wardrobe. (He has cleared out 2 shelves for my bags 😊)

I stuff mine with her dustbag (if I keep my bags in their dusties, (a) I can't have the joy of seeing them when I open the cupboard & (b) it's like keeping shoes in boxes for me, if I can't see 'em, I don't use 'em)) & some bits of jumbo-sized bubble wrap in the corners - I keep an empty shoe box on the shelf to stand her on so that her "dangly bits" aren't squished !! xx

Hi,
I stuff mine with the acid free tissue it came with and in its dust bag standing upright in the wardrobe and not too close to my other bags. Normally before I put a bag away I condition it will some gel first to keep it nice and supple
Hope this helps :smile:

I stuff mine just exactly as Mollydoodledon does. I also make sure the straps aren't twisted and are hanging the way they should be.

Same here! I also disconnect the long strap, fold it carefully and stow it inside the bag, amongst the packing ... :smile:

I am the same, stuff them well with acid-free tissue paper.

I take the strap off if I am not going to use it for awhile. Otherwise I undo the strap, it doesn't seem to take long to get a mark on the strap if you use it in the same place all the time. :biggrin:

I buy all my bags cushions to stuff them with primarily because when i use them at least a cushion looks nice on the bed rather than all that paper strewn about. Then store them in their dust bag. I dont have any seasonal bags now that could get packed away for winter but when i did i have some large Ikea plastic storage boxes i kept them in.

I buy all my bags cushions to stuff them with primarily because when i use them at least a cushion looks nice on the bed rather than all that paper strewn about. Then store them in their dust bag. I dont have any seasonal bags now that could get packed away for winter but when i did i have some large Ikea plastic storage boxes i kept them in.

Do the cushions reach into the corners, Geddes? Are they made specifically for bags, in different sizes? Where do you purchase them? (Would love a pic or two, if you have time!) :smile:

Do the cushions reach into the corners, Geddes? Are they made specifically for bags, in different sizes? Where do you purchase them? (Would love a pic or two, if you have time!) :smile:

Yes depending on the cushion :smile: The one for my Alexa is a bog standard square one but soft and flexible that can be folded over so the corners of the cusions reach the corners of the bag. I bought heart shaped ones for Effie satchel when i had her and my Whistles Duffy bag..........oblong for Roxy.......and when i get home, if i intend to use the bag the next day it sits on its cushion til then :smile:
These are all just from Primark :shocked:Pied a Terre or Ikea as they all do good size and shapes.

I am not too obsessed with every nook and cranny being stuffed just so long as the bag has some structure im happy. I also *use* my bags so none actually sit in storage for any length of time - dont have enough bags to do that anymore !

Cushions sound a great idea. Workdays I'm always in a rush and the tissue ends up all over the spare room bed, just like you say :lecture: When I am less harassed I put the stuffing back in the dustbag and it goes back on the shelf. Cushions would definitely look better but I guess its only the so are room. I can close the door ;)

Think Mayfly has a good point though. Do they reach the corners?I noticed Mulberry are jam packing bags now & putting cardboard under the flaps. I've bought extra tissue recently and started doing the same, making sure it's crammed in the corners and the rest of the bag. I think it definitely helps with creases, if you are storing for any length of time. Cardboard under the flap definitely helps with Alexa and Bays.