How do you store you ID bare minerals?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. It seems like the little pots are always opening up by themselves in my makeup drawer :sad: Also, does anyone store them on there sides so you can see the colors? do they sell any specialized cases? oh, and any traveling tips? I've regretted whenever I travel w/them, becuase the same opening problem happens.
    :shrugs: just wondering, thanks!

2. Are you talking about the little foundation "jars" that screw open and closed or another product? I have never had any problem with mine opening on their own and I just keep them upright in a traincase.

3. I saw on other sites that some people are using tackle boxes for storage. Some people were storing the jars upside down to show the colors and some people put stickers on the tops of the jars with the names. I've not had a problems with them opening up by themselves. Some people like this kit from QVC, because they said the bag was good for everyday/travel because it expands - item number A64884.

a64884.jpg
  4. oops, sorry I was talking about the eye colors.
    kiss_p thanks for the qvc bag, I'll check it out. I think the little sticker idea is a good one too!

5. I store my eye colors upside down b/c it easier for me to see them and I don't have to hunt for the color I really want to use. I use paper filing baskets to hold everything. (I just stack them) I've never had a problem with them opening up when I travel. Maybe make sure they're screwed on really tight and you should be ok?

6. ^^ My best friend does the same thing. She stores them upside down so she can easily see which jar is what.

I store them right-side up in my makeup train case from Target. It's huge and holds all my makeup. I don't have a problem with the jars opening up by themselves. In fact, they screw shut so they really shouldn't be popping open or anything. Do you store some in a makeup bag and take it with you? Make sure you screw them really tightly. I always carry my Black/Blue and Soul eyeshadow jars in my makeup bag. Once, the Black/Blue opened a little and leaked black eyeshadow in my bag. From now on, I always double check I super tightly screw shut the jar lids.

7. LOL I've just started to use a tackle box and totally recommend it, it is excellent because the occasional spills are so easy to clean rather than the paper/fabric lining of most Caboodles boxes.

I put stickers on mine on the lids so I know what's what. Before air travels I will sticky tape the holes so they don't make a mess.

8. Leslie Blodgett mentioned on QVC (due to a callers question) that there is something in the works!! I don't have a lot of BE, but I do love their blushes - and this is the first time I'm using the foundation, I love it!! I just store on them on a shelf in the bathroom. But I would like an organized place to put the small mineral jars in.

kiss_p, is it sad that I know that picture as Lisa (Robertson's) Day Off Kit? ;) :P

9. Do you store some in a makeup bag and take it with you? Make sure you screw them really tightly. I always carry my Black/Blue and Soul eyeshadow jars in my makeup bag. Once, the Black/Blue opened a little and leaked black eyeshadow in my bag. From now on, I always double check I super tightly screw shut the jar lids.[/quote]

when I travel, I use little mini ziplock bags, to put each one in, but when I travel, I feel like I only use a tiny bit, it would be nice if there was a sectioned little box type thing that I could use, like a mini pill box?

glad to hear that the BE peeps are hearin' our pain, hopefully they come up with a cute solution;)

10. When I travel with mineral makeup, I just stuff cotton balls over the holes of the sifter and screw the lid on tightly. It works just fine.

11. ^^^ That's a good idea!