How do you store/organize your designer shoes/heels?

gelabela

Mar 6, 2019
I've been trying to figure out the best way to store my luxury shoes and high heels. I currently have all of my shoes in their original shoe boxes and organized into shelves. I find that this helps keep the shoe clean of dust and it also protects it, however, the struggle is that I can't see them and it's sort of a pain having to take them out of the box each time especially when I'm trying to decide which pair to use.

I was thinking the best way was to find shelving that has a glass door in front but it's a bit of a challenge finding one that has the right shelf height (I have lots of high heels and boots). I also didn't want to invest in a customized unit yet because we'll be moving soon.

How do you store/display your shoes? Would love to see pics!

I don't remember if I picked it up here on tPF or if it was somewhere else, but I've seen people taking pictures of the shoes or using stock images from the brands/websites, printing them and putting them on the boxes. I've done it, too for shoes that sit in storage/plain boxes.

Maybe that helps?

Kind regards,
Oliver

I store shoes in the box, wherever I can find room in my apartment. I have over 100 pairs and I know them all either by the style name or by the diagram on the box, which I try to keep facing out. I've thought about doing the picture thing but the thought of photographing all that then printing the photos, attaching them to boxes, etc. is too daunting.
I'd love to have my shoes out of the boxes and in enclosed glass cabinets but that's just no viable. I live NYC and don't have that kind of space.

I use to keep my designer shoes in their boxes many years ago when I only had a few pairs but now they are all on shelves from the container store because I forget about having some of them lol. I also have a glass cabinet from ikea that use to display some of my more special pieces.

Reactions: JenJBS and gelabela
I also have some 100+ pairs and a London apartment with not enough storage space to keep them in boxes so we have had cupboards made. I tend to keep my shoes stuffed. Here is a picture of the cupboard that is entirely mine (yes, I have an obscene amount of black shoes, it’s one of my favourite colours). The interior shown is for 2/3rds the last 1/3 has my casual boots, trainers and outdoor jackets. There is also another double width cupboard which I share 60/40 with DB (60% being his not mine ;))5CE94EB8-E9D7-481A-A90B-9E6B105D4601.jpeg78554434-60E7-4A1B-8C0D-AD2D5748A84C.jpeg

Last edited:
Like @xsouzie, back to front. flats, heels, boots, sneakers, sandals all grouped together with shelves for favored designers like chanel, valentino, golden goose, and Birkenstocks. In my current apartment, I have limited space, but I am planning another apt gut renovation with one of the masters converted into a dressing room/ sitting room. Although I would prefer to have an open air system, and not to have glass doors, DH prevailed, mainly bc I’m messy and he thinks doors will kind of keep my stuff contained and create more of a stream lined look. Custom design by architect and contractor is apparently much less expensive and better quality than designers like molteni & C.

• Love
Reactions: JenJBS and gelabela
View attachment 4913707

Not my entire collection but I just bought some drop front stackable clear boxes from container store. Looking to get boxes like this for all of my shoes.
This is the same system I bought for my (college age) daughter's shoes, because she likes being able to see them to plan outfits and was too lazy to remove and replace the lid from the original (cheaper) clear stacking boxes I bought her. The beauty of these is that there's a little door on the front that flips up -- no stacking or unstacking of boxes required -- so I told her she no longer has any excuses to not keep them put away!

I personally prefer storing mine in their original boxes. Like @JuneHawk, I know which ones they are based on the style name and/or diagram on the box. I don't have a ton of designer shoes, but I store them right along with all my other shoes. My husband and I installed a closet system last April and it has a specific open "cabinet" for shoes. I place most of the boxes in there, but my workout shoes, sneakers, and the ones that are rarely worn (like my high heels) are put up on other shelves because there isn't enough room for all of them. The two of us share the shoe organizer, and his feet are really large (size 14) and take up a lot of room. And yes, I really need to get some boot stuffers for my poor black Frye boots that are sitting on top of the shoe cabinet!

shoe organizer.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 880 and gelabela