How do you store ALL your bags?

unfortunately i don't own enough to have a storage problem :shucks: but i keep mine in their dust bags in the original box stacked in my closet. I save little absorbants from the pharmacy pill bottles and toss them in to keep them fresh.

Yup, me too. I always keep al of my bag inside their org dust bag and box. It wil be better for the quality also ;)

in my purse closet
PB300259.jpg

We had our closet done recently. :love:
I keep my bags on the shelves, usually in their dustbag if they are out of rotation. And the wallets I keep in the drawers and some special stuff in the hutch cabinet on top.
IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

I'm super lucky -- when we bought our new house (9 years ago) I insisted that we budget money to have California Closets do our large walk in closet in the master suite and DH went along with my plan -- I negotiated 75% of the closet for me and 25% for him (he isn't a shopper at all) and I had shelves for my bags included -- of course, it's overflowing even though I just sold a ton of stuff but it stays pretty organized. I keep almost all of my bags stuffed and in their dustbags - my Bal Day's are unstuffed but in dustbags and I have those stacked on top of each other on a narrower shelf. Travel bags are on the floor underneath one part of my hanging garments and a few end up hanging on the door handles - especially my Tattoo Gucci Tote as I seem to use that all the time!

Here are some old pics - it's a little less crowded and messy and there are a few new Gucci bags since these were taken;)

Wallets and smaller pieces are in a drawer and there's one side that I didn't take a pic of that has shorter shelves with my clutches and smaller bags on it.

Attachments

• Closet Aug 2009 RS 1.jpg
    Closet Aug 2009 RS 1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Closet Aug 2009 RS 2.jpg
    Closet Aug 2009 RS 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Closet Aug 2009 RS 3.jpg
    Closet Aug 2009 RS 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Closet Aug 2009 RS 4.jpg
    Closet Aug 2009 RS 4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
I have mine in airtight containers that slide under the bed just nicely. I've also got a wardrobe full in the spare room......which i am going to have to do something about in a hurry as its supposed to be baby's wardrobe......who shall be arriving very soon!!!

I cleared 2 shelfs in my linen closet however I am running out of room so I came to this thread to get ideas. I might try a couple.

Fashion mom, Clear out the whole linen closet, put some glass doors and a light in it and you'll have a purse curio!

Before we had the closet people come in and do my master, I was thinking of designating my Linen closet for purse storage just to keep it all separate.

I took all my purses out of their boxes to avoid cracking of leather.
I added shelving on one side and took all my top, pants, dresses out of their hangers and into the plastic drawers I bought from Walmart. I also bought the transparent shoe hanger and hang it inside the closet door for all my wallets and belts. As for my boxes... I used them like this as a display and an eye candy for me everytime I wake up in the morning...

Attachments

• incloset.JPG
    incloset.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 240
  • boxes.JPG
    boxes.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 141
  • boxes2.JPG
    boxes2.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 165
  • wallethanger.JPG
    wallethanger.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 143
DH and I have a walk in closet and I own 3/4 of it lol. I store most of my bags in their respective dust bags on one of the top shelves and the larger ones (medium sukey, classic pelham, and D ring hobo) are hidden on the same shelf as my hanging tops lol.

ETA: holy crap, loving all the custom closets!!

Last edited:
Suzzeee I love your closet so much. I also think your purple Burberry shawl is AWESOME! I was just saying to my mom that one day when I get a bigger house I want a room turned to a closet and I want a pretty chandelier like you have in there.

SpeedyLover, your closet is also great and actually gave me some great ideas since it is a little more do-able in my house (on a smaller scale anyways) so thank you for some inspiration!

I am hoping my BFF will come over this week and make me get rid of stuff since I am a pack rat and cannot do it myself so I can get better organized.