How do you stay focus on getting a more expensive bag when...

dotnative

O.G.
Jun 15, 2006
there is temptation all around. I currently do not have any LV's due to the fact I sold 2 bags to help fund the more expensive bag (Trevi PM) and I am almost there. But now I am being tempted by lower priced bags, e.g. speedy.

If I buy a speedy now I will not be able to buy the Trevi until next year. So how do I stay focused?

Any advice? or should I just yield into temptation and get a speedy to hold me over?

TIA

I have this problem all the time. I usually just try to ignore the other tempting items and I keep looking at pictures and videos (unboxing, reviews etc) of the item I really want. Sounds a bit silly but it usually keeps me on track for saving for what will really make me happy. A speedy is nice but the Trevi is what you really want! ;)

OMG what a great thread!!! I am also saving for a Trevi PM!!!! I am getting it August 31, DH approved it and all.

But yes I am very very tempted to get a speedy 35 in ebene!!! But i stay focused knowing that in the end I would have wished I'd gotten the Trevi. So I just keep in mind that the Trevi is def worth the wait!

2 weeks ago I got the Delightful MM and I am loving that, so I think Ill make it.

Hang in there shes def worth the wait!!! and what ever you do dont make the mistake of going on ebay and getting something to hold you over, cuz in the end ull regret it. I know this for a fact. If I wouldnt have gotten a SAUMUR 30 last week I could have saved my self 3 weeks, but oh well. Good Luck

I know what you mean. 2 months ago, I was so close to being able to buy a Chanel Classic Flap, which is my ultimate HG. But I succumed to temptation and bought instead a Balenciaga City and a LV Neverfull with the money I saved up. I kind of regret my decision now because Chanel is rumored to increase their prices in the US and Canada by close to 30%!!! :mad:

So definitely, save up and get the Trevi. It will be easier for you to save for a Speedy later on since it's worth a lot less.

I tend to have the similar problem, my "Dream bag" sometimes gets forgotten by other gorgeous bags! And browsing this forum regularly really doesn´t help...;) if you want to stay focused!

I check the Chanel section as well, and lately I have somehow wandered to check the Hèrmes forum as well. That´s REALLY BAD! Well, maybe it´s good to have daydreams in there every now and then!

My advice is the same as boyoverboard just said: Only look for the threads that have your dream bag = Trevi in there!! Good luck!!

Try and stay focused on what you really want......and if poss stay away from here, its too tempting with all the reveals :faint:

I'm currently saving for a jumbo chanel lambskin flap but being swayed by Mulberry Alexa!! :sweatdrop:

tell yourself that the speedy will be there...always...even after you get the trevi. and then tell yourself you will always be able to get a slightly used in excellent condition one later is necessary. you can also not look at the LV website or go to the store until you get the trevi. i hope these things help.

PRINT OUT THIS THREAD and read it every time you have the urge to even consider getting the speedy first.

i used to do the same thing as well. i finally made my 1st purchase over 2K (my neo) and i am very happy i kept my eye on the price. i actually have left over money (that i put on a gift card...(that's another thing you could do- put all of your money on an LV gift card so you can only spend it there and dont carry them around. always leave them home when you go out the house)

Try and stay focused on what you really want......and if poss stay away from here, its too tempting with all the reveals :faint:

I'm currently saving for a jumbo chanel lambskin flap but being swayed by Mulberry Alexa!! :sweatdrop:

Keep your eye on the prize!! Stay focused and you will get your dream vintage flap!! I think you will love her more that the Alexa, I have one and will never part from it!! Gambatte kudasai! (= Good luck! Do your best! in Japanese...) :biggrin:

Save for what you REALLY want. Otherwise you will always have the feeling of longing. When the spirit is weak, think about how exciting it will be to purchase your dream bag, and how proud you will feel that you saved for it. Do a countdown of how long it will be before purchase. As you see it tick down, you will be even more excited for it!!!!