How you shorten the chain/straps thread!

I've never felt completely comfortable with how long the jumbo strap sits by my leg when worn with a single strap for it's size. I'm 5ft 7 and love bags with long straps but to me the jumbo looks awkward so I found a clip device at Home Depot for about $5 to shorten the strap and make it look more proportional (to me).

It has spring loaded clips on either side and I clip the strap on each end. The device comes in different sizes. I picked the middle size. If you get it smaller it will make the straps even shorter and vice versa if you pick the larger size it comes in.

I know some use ties for their bags but I thought I'd share another idea to consider. So far no damage to the bag and it holds a lot of weight. Clip and go. When I come home I remove the clip and keep it inside the bag.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,329
  • IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,344
The first photo shows BEFORE so you see the drop with no clip. I thought it kinda swings around by the leg too much for the size of the bag.

The other photos are AFTER with the clip.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,310
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,299
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,304
  • 15129905137_b3907b5139_o.jpg
    15129905137_b3907b5139_o.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,287
Reactions: silliex
I don't know what the clip is called but this is a clearer picture of it. In Home Depot it's attached to a cardboard backing but you can easily still try it on at the store with your jumbo so you pick the right size one that you want before you buy one. I wish the medium/large chanels were a longer single strap and I wish that the jumbo was a shorter single length strap so this is my compromise. Long strap look but not swinging by my legs.

Attachments

• IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,278
I don't know what the clip is called but this is a clearer picture of it. In Home Depot it's attached to a cardboard backing but you can easily still try it on at the store with your jumbo so you pick the right size one that you want before you buy one. I wish the medium/large chanels were a longer single strap and I wish that the jumbo was a shorter single length strap so this is my compromise. Long strap look but not swinging by my legs.
Thank you for sharing this. They sell them on amazon uk, I had a quick look, woo hoo!
Can you give the approx measurements of yours? I am going to do an online order. thanks!