How do you shop for New Releases?

What do you do when a new item is released that you want?

• I'm the first on the waitlist!

• I'm the first at the counter when they are expected to be in stock

• I stop by somewhere around the release date to check them out

• I wait to see how others think about them before looking

• I may take a while to make up my mind

• I wait to the last minute, sometimes they are all gone!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vista

Cultural Ambassador
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I think many of us have different attitudes towards new released items, so thought I'd ask a poll :smile:

Personally, I've yet to waitlist, be first at the counter, nor have I been too late for something I really wanted -- but that's a gamble isn't it? Lol so here's my poll for today .

If it's limited I waitlist then call around release date to find out if I'll get it/it's put a side.

If it's permanant I just take my chance and see if it's there when I get there if it's something I really really want I'll call before I go to see if they have it or can transfer it in.

My store are really good for me they don't always get allocated a lot but they do the best they can & I really appreciate that

If I see it and I want it I'll call right away to add my name to the wishlist. Depending on how slow/fast I am, I may or may not be the first on the list...BUT I have been first on the list for a couple of things.

I'm really slow about getting new releases. I think it's from collecting LV too long. However, I do enjoy watching everyone on tPF with their new purchases!:biggrin:

If it's limited I waitlist then call around release date to find out if I'll get it/it's put a side.

If it's permanant I just take my chance and see if it's there when I get there if it's something I really really want I'll call before I go to see if they have it or can transfer it in.

My store are really good for me they don't always get allocated a lot but they do the best they can & I really appreciate that

I operate on a very similar system. If it is a LE, than I am crazy about checking and being certain that my name is on the list, I don't want to miss out! I also will call or stop in to check to see if they will be getting any and if in fact if I will be getting one. If not I go into plan B. If the items are not limited my approach is equally as interested, but less intense! LOL!

If I really want it I call in and waitlist for it then call after its been released to see how long i'd have to wait or if i REALLY want it i call around to see if i can get my hands on it.

I call around for it, try to waitlist, but usually i'm at the bottom of the list, or the list is closed.......:crybaby:
This happened when the MC speedy first came out.

Honestly, this is the first season I've ever voraciously waitlisted -- and that's due to all the info on this site. Before this, I waitlisted for a cherry blossom papillon and the Vienna Klara. Everything else was just dumb luck of me wandering in at the right time.

I voted "first on the waitlist" as I call as soon as I see something I "have" to have. Unfortunately, usually told they don't have a waitlist or have no idea what I am talking about here.:cursing:

I do the waitlist routine now just to make sure that I am on the list of what I want. However, the first LE I ever bought (Port Epaule Raye MM from the Denim Cruise Line) I just got lucky by being there the day it was first displayed and was first on the list because they hadn't started the list until I got there at opening time. So that was pure luck!

this year is the first time i've actively pursued LV items. so as soon as i hear reliable information in regards to new items, i call my SA right away. however from the upcoming items this f/w season, i waitlisted for the degrade speedy.

hmm... actually more than one option applies to me...

Say if I REALLY want an item before the launch date whether or not it's LE or permanent: I waitlist

However, most of the time I'm pretty far behind cuz some bags/accessories don't catch my heart immediately and it often takes several months for me to decide whether or not I want the item: now I go to LV and ask my SA to hunt down Canada and France.
Result in the end: I've always gotten what I've wanted. I don't exactly believe in "limitednessnessness" except for the miroir lockit.... which turned out to be not so limited afterall....:lol: