How do you shop for New Releases?

What do you do when a new item is released that you want?

• I'm the first on the waitlist!

• I'm the first at the counter when they are expected to be in stock

• I stop by somewhere around the release date to check them out

• I wait to see how others think about them before looking

• I may take a while to make up my mind

• I wait to the last minute, sometimes they are all gone!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vista

Cultural Ambassador
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I think many of us have different attitudes towards new released items, so thought I'd ask a poll :smile:

Personally, I've yet to waitlist, be first at the counter, nor have I been too late for something I really wanted -- but that's a gamble isn't it? Lol so here's my poll for today .

Jun 15, 2006
If it's limited I waitlist then call around release date to find out if I'll get it/it's put a side.

If it's permanant I just take my chance and see if it's there when I get there if it's something I really really want I'll call before I go to see if they have it or can transfer it in.

My store are really good for me they don't always get allocated a lot but they do the best they can & I really appreciate that

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
If I see it and I want it I'll call right away to add my name to the wishlist. Depending on how slow/fast I am, I may or may not be the first on the list...BUT I have been first on the list for a couple of things.

Jan 19, 2007
If it's limited I waitlist then call around release date to find out if I'll get it/it's put a side.

If it's permanant I just take my chance and see if it's there when I get there if it's something I really really want I'll call before I go to see if they have it or can transfer it in.

My store are really good for me they don't always get allocated a lot but they do the best they can & I really appreciate that

I operate on a very similar system. If it is a LE, than I am crazy about checking and being certain that my name is on the list, I don't want to miss out! I also will call or stop in to check to see if they will be getting any and if in fact if I will be getting one. If not I go into plan B. If the items are not limited my approach is equally as interested, but less intense! LOL!

travelbliss

★ LV Enthusiast ♥ Admire ⍰ or Acquire ☑
O.G.
Sep 25, 2006
I call around for it, try to waitlist, but usually i'm at the bottom of the list, or the list is closed.......:crybaby:
This happened when the MC speedy first came out.

restricter

Beware the BIN Paw
O.G.
Apr 25, 2007
Honestly, this is the first season I've ever voraciously waitlisted -- and that's due to all the info on this site. Before this, I waitlisted for a cherry blossom papillon and the Vienna Klara. Everything else was just dumb luck of me wandering in at the right time.

slayer

I want! I want!
O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
I voted "first on the waitlist" as I call as soon as I see something I "have" to have. Unfortunately, usually told they don't have a waitlist or have no idea what I am talking about here.:cursing:

Sep 24, 2006
I do the waitlist routine now just to make sure that I am on the list of what I want. However, the first LE I ever bought (Port Epaule Raye MM from the Denim Cruise Line) I just got lucky by being there the day it was first displayed and was first on the list because they hadn't started the list until I got there at opening time. So that was pure luck!

caley

hello!
O.G.
May 1, 2006
this year is the first time i've actively pursued LV items. so as soon as i hear reliable information in regards to new items, i call my SA right away. however from the upcoming items this f/w season, i waitlisted for the degrade speedy.

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
hmm... actually more than one option applies to me...

Say if I REALLY want an item before the launch date whether or not it's LE or permanent: I waitlist

However, most of the time I'm pretty far behind cuz some bags/accessories don't catch my heart immediately and it often takes several months for me to decide whether or not I want the item: now I go to LV and ask my SA to hunt down Canada and France.
Result in the end: I've always gotten what I've wanted. I don't exactly believe in "limitednessnessness" except for the miroir lockit.... which turned out to be not so limited afterall....:lol: