How do you secure your bags when in hotels/unattended?

Do you secure your bag?

• Never secure bag when unattended

• I secure my bag every time when unattended

• I don't secure my bag, but would consider it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Betsy2712

Mulberry Addict
O.G.
Nov 28, 2010
Hi all

After purchasing my beloved chocolate Piccadilly - I started to wonder how I would keep her 'safe' when travelling. So wondered how you secure your bags when travelling and in hotels?

I decided to buy a bike lock to lock bag in wardrobe or to something which doesn't move... OTT? I feel better this way and having had one bag swiped from under my very nose before. I decided prevention is much better than cure!

Would be good to hear your opinions

Last edited:
I don't secure them...Honestly,i've never thought of that,because i've never had problems of that type.But now,i'll be more carefull when it comes to my bags

I have gone down the bike-lock type route too .. the thing I have is like a "curly" wire (stretches a long way) with a loop at either end, so, it can be put through handles (and, in desperation once, around the bed frame !!) then secured with a lock through the loops .. may sound like over-kill but peace of mind comes first I think xx

I have gone down the bike-lock type route too .. the thing I have is like a "curly" wire (stretches a long way) with a loop at either end, so, it can be put through handles (and, in desperation once, around the bed frame !!) then secured with a lock through the loops .. may sound like over-kill but peace of mind comes first I think xx

Love it!

Holleigh sounds like we have the same one.! Mine is very curly too.. Ha ha good idea with the bed frame anything which can't move or be moved easily is the best bet.

Thanks for comments ladies, good to hear other experiences/opinions. I get the not too blingy comment, but especially with Mulberry travel bags, so difficult it wouldn't go anywhere.

Also ladies, just to say be careful in hotels with leaving bags in breakfast room/restuarant if going to buffet etc. Heard about a gentleman in a hotel in park lane who had bags taken from him.

xx

I think the bike lock is a fabulous idea and I will do the same in the future. I have had two bags stolen and it made me angry beyond belief. Can't believe I never thought of something so simple!:faint: