Food how do you season your turkey?

Well I used butter, salt , italian seasonings, sage, pepper and I rub a dub the turkey inside and out and I put it in the oven with tin foil over it until the last hour and baste it with the run off juices. Yummy...

Easy marinade of Apple Cider for my per-brined turkey.
Then just an herb rub that consists of thyme, fresh ground salt & pepper, white pepper, olive oil, minced garlic, a bit of chili powder to spice.

We rub rub rub our turkey with lots of butter and then add salt and pepper. On the inside we add a bunch of fresh herbs (pretty much everything that is growing at my house, haha), onion, celery a half a lemon and some garlic cloves.

Once a bit of juice starts dripping I add carrot, onion, cellery and leek to the outside to give the juices a wonderful flavor - the juices is what I then use to make gravy and to baste my turkey with. I hate the stuff out of the jar / can / powder

We rub the exterior of our turkey with unsalted butter, then season with coarse kosher salt & pepper. I also love the Williams-Sonoma turkey herbs, and use those pretty liberally. I don't stuff my turkey, so I usually put some fresh herbs and an onion (sometimes a sliced lemon or an apple, if I'm feeling adventurous) inside the cavity for flavor.

We use a cheesecloth on the turkey during roasting to keep it moist, and baste every 30 minutes with melted butter and white wine.

http://www.marthastewart.com/274491...@center/276949/everything-thanksgiving#192575

I don't stuff my turkey's either, and just rub butter, salt, pepper, and a mix of parsley, sage, and thyme.
I also cook my turkey breast side DOWN to keep the breast meat moist. I turn it breast side up for the last 30 minutes to brown and crisp it.
Everyone always comments that my turkey has the moistest white meat that they have ever had!

^ I used to do that (upside down) and it really does work. Especially when you put a stick of butter inside the cavity. :lol: You do have to upright the turkey for at least a little while, or it won't brown well and will come out with weird ridges from the roasting rack.

I inject my turkey with a mixture of orange/lemon juice, olive oil and fresh herbs, and let marinate in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours.
Afterwards rub turkey with butter, poultry seasoning, salt, black peppercorn, and fresh thyme, rosemary, and basil.
I then stuff the cavity with sliced onions, garlic, celery, and more fresh rosemary, thyme and basil.
Baste turkey every 45 minutes with the juices that are at the bottom of the roasting pan.