How do you say Louis Vuitton when you speak it out loud?

I pronounce it Louie Vwee-ton. I was told it was the proper French pronounciation, and as done an A-Level in French, over here in the UK, thought I may as well say it how it's meant to be said. I don't know why, but I always try to pronouce things in other languages how they are said in the country it came from. Strange, huh?

Troya said:
I pronounce it Louie Vwee-ton. I was told it was the proper French pronounciation, and as done an A-Level in French, over here in the UK, thought I may as well say it how it's meant to be said. I don't know why, but I always try to pronouce things in other languages how they are said in the country it came from. Strange, huh?
Not at all. I am totally with you on this. I can't stand when people mispronounce things.. its like butchering their language.

Raspberry said:
Um, to me Louie and Louis are pronounced the same, since it's French.
I didn't know that! My mom speaks fluent French (she grew up in a community that only spoke French - near Canada) and she says the "e" sound in Louie with a lift. Sorta.

My daughter said are we going to the Louis Vuitton store and she corrected her and said it's "Lou-E" -- kinda like that.

^^I'm not sure, but whenever I see people distinguishing the spellings of "Louie" and "Louis" online, I imagine them pronouncing "Louis" as "LEW-IS." But Louis is pronounced "LOO-EE."

winona77 said:
But are you pronouncing it Louie Vi-tohn ? ;)

that's the right pronunciation :yes:!

i took French lessons every single day of the two years that i lived in France, and my teacher taught me to say all the French designer names right. now it's funny to hear some of my friends mispronounce them :lol:

but i say Louie Vi-tohn, or just LV.