How do you save up to buy LV?

Well, ladies,
I was so excited to find this site because you see, I just ordered my very first lv today.
Your comments assisted me in choosing a style. Which one You ask? The damier belem mm:yahoo:
The reason I chose this is because I have only a bunch of smallish bags. So a medium that zips all the way down with one zipper on each side looked perfect. An open pocket on each side looked very handy.
I'm soo very excited, you see, my husband offered to buy one 3 years ago and I turned it down. Have been thinking about it ever since.
Purchased from eLuxury to save on the sales tax. You see, I earned my purchase price from trading stocks at home on my mac book.
Thanks for listening to my story:yes:

I know what u mean... im the same, dont wanna look at anything else and dont go out much (no new clothes, cosmetics and less food)...just concentrate on saving money for LV bags.

Im with you also on this!.....I try to stay away from the "nickel and dime" way of spending (just buying things because its marked way down)...awhile back i realized i would spend more money on crap and go without luxe items...so now I have kind of twisted it around and buy less but more expensive things...

I just calculate how much I can give up each pay check. After bills, rent, food, entertainment and savings for home.

I think saving your way to a purse is much more satisfying than just buying it then paying it off.

Right now my LV collection is small, because I am a student. I am blessed and grateful to have college paid for, but I do have a from-home, flexible part time job for my desires (such as LV!). I never buy what I cannot pay cash for at that moment - debit cards only for luxuries.

Congrats on your bag! Do post some pictures when you get it. Welcome to tPF!! :welcome2:

Well, ladies,
I was so excited to find this site because you see, I just ordered my very first lv today.
Your comments assisted me in choosing a style. Which one You ask? The damier belem mm:yahoo:
The reason I chose this is because I have only a bunch of smallish bags. So a medium that zips all the way down with one zipper on each side looked perfect. An open pocket on each side looked very handy.
I'm soo very excited, you see, my husband offered to buy one 3 years ago and I turned it down. Have been thinking about it ever since.
Purchased from eLuxury to save on the sales tax. You see, I earned my purchase price from trading stocks at home on my mac book.
Thanks for listening to my story:yes:

My addiction goes through these weird phases. :nuts: I may not buy anything for months. However, if, or should I just say when, I have my mind set on something, then I just gotta have it no matter what. With this spoiled attitude of mine, many times I buy like 3 or 4 bags all at once. I usually pay with my cc for points, but pay it off at the end of the month. :tup: My DH pays for alot of my more expensive bags, ie. MC. However, I still keep certain bags from him and introduce them later (from experience, this works better). :idea::P

I had to give up "binge" shopping esp. for clothes. I used to be a sale hag but most of the stuff I buy end up unused, piled in the closet and donated somewhere after some months. So now I would rather buy designer stuff rather than in bulk :smile: those little purchases do add up even if they are on sale.

First... I decide if i cant live without it/will use it often... then look at how much of a bill i have on my credit card... make sure im near debt free, THEN finally start saving for it.. if i really want it that bad real soon, maybe save up for at half of it in cash and just purchase with credit card :smile: then at least when i get the bill i can pay for half of it right away. its my plan for the neverfull.. muwahah

well the only LUXURY bag that was ever bought for ME was a gucci and my recent lv palermo... but my other luxury bags are hand-me-downs from my mom (1 lv, 3 gucci) :smile: i get the best hand me downs lol so i never spent any of my money buying anything for myself... but i dont know. even when i spend $350 on my juicy bag i thought of returning it because i dont think im worth spending that much money on myself, instead i wouldnt mind spending it on someone elses gift.

OMG, how TRUE!
I'm just like that, and while I'm typing this, mostly half of my closet is owned by tagged items.

...I am SO horrible when it comes to shopping!
And the items aren't even sale items...I paied REGULAR PRICE for it!

I was just cleaning my room earlier and sat on my bed and looked at all my clothes...I could've not bought those 10~30 pieces, and bought myself 3 or 4 bags from LV, or even some nice lux designer wear...:faint:

Reading your post, I think I should seriously stop shopping for clothes.
I'd rather save for something I'm going to use, rather than looking at them and being satisfied from having something pretty. :wtf:

Quality > Quantity.
I failed. :tdown:
I had to give up "binge" shopping esp. for clothes. I used to be a sale hag but most of the stuff I buy end up unused, piled in the closet and donated somewhere after some months. So now I would rather buy designer stuff rather than in bulk :smile: those little purchases do add up even if they are on sale.