How do you save for LV?

1. I doubt I'm the only one here that sufferes from luxorexia (practically starving for hot clothes and bags), but I was wondering how all you guys manage to save up for your gorgeous LV's - any tips?;)

I'm a full-time uni student and work 2 jobs on the side as well, but whenever I seem to save for a Louis my bank account seems to be empty....I've been thinking of starting up a LV jar....kind of like a swear jar except whenever I fantasize about an LV bag I could whack $20 in.:idea:

What do u guys think? Any ideas?:hrmm:

2. I don't buy a bag every week. I only buy them when I get a good deal unless I really really really want it. I will go out and buy it, but that usually takes about 3 months. If I still think about it then I will get it. If not then I'm glad I didnt spend my money on it.

3. For a while what I did was sell a bag to buy a bag. It's hard to have a large collection when you are a college student. But if say you buy a papillon, after a while you get sick of carrying it, you can resell it and purchase something new. I also bought a new limited bags with some extra saved up cash and was able to sell them for higher prices on eBay after they discontinued.

4. I usually put a hypothetical couple hundred bucks towards my "purse-fund" per month until I couldn't hold-out anymore. Most of my buys were impulse buys.

5. hey lv_obsessed, you just got another vote for luxorexia!!! haha Is that a real disorder?!??!? lol Yes...I starve too lol, but I'm happy cuz I know i'm losing fat AND saving for bags!!! isn't that awesome?!?! lol Anyhoo, to be more realistic, I am also a university student going to Med.school, yet without all the $$$ yet, lol, so I'm currently working on minimum wage during the summer, then I'm hoping that I'll get some scholarships to satisfy my thirst for LV bags! :biggrin: Oh ya, one more thing, I'm looking for a "bag bank" (like a piggy bank, but for bags)...I saw one on Teen Vogue a while back and have been running all over town trying to get a similar thing lol

6. If I want something, it is helpful to not keep my money lumped in with everything else. I need it separated... the whole out of sight out of mind thing.

Recently I started deducting money from every pay check and recording it in my little written check book ledger so that when I want something new I have a little extra $ to apply to the purchase (cuz I sincerely doubt I'll save all before I purchase). But by recording it in my ledger thing, I can look at my balance and it already shows that money gone so I don't ever think of spending it.

7. I put aside fund for my bags in the envelope with label LV..I put $20 $50 $100 anytime I have spare $$$ from my other expenses.
    I always pay cash for my bags...

8. Im a full-time uni student too, and almost all of my buys were impulse buys~!!!like yesterday, i went to LV store for just a zippy wallet, and ended up buying a BK MC koala and wapity~!

9. i'm a full-time student too, but i have 2 jobs on campus, and whatever money i earn goes to my shopping fund. my parents also send me money every now and then, and that's when my impulse purchasing occurs, like my beat-the-price-hike purchases on Sunday :shame:

10. I love your LV Jar idea! I think I'll implement that to stop myself from buying. I've been buyingon impulse since the start of the year and it's reaaaally not doing me any good.

11. I'm a student too so my collection is pretty small for now. I work as a server part-time; I throw all my tips in a big jar and use it to pay off my CC which takes a good hit here and there from impulse buys :smile:

12. hey lv_obessed - i've got a bank account for bags! i can't withdraw money from it automatically! i have to actually go into the bank and do it and then they charge me like $5 on top! i put in at least half my paycheck in it every week! i can never decide what i want from LV, so i hope i'll get some idea soon!!!
    good luck on your saving scheme!!! :smile:

13. I always set aside HALF of my income for discretionary shopping - eg. bags and other major purchases, and put it away in some soirt of high-interest savings account.

14. i try to save half and then hint hint hint to my bf about a bag...and he usually puts of the other half! hehe

but yah, just refrain from shopping and spending stuff i don't need! i don't get bags all the time, i'm super picky and usually only buy two or three/year so its not so bad.

15. Thanx for all the ideas!!!!!!! Yay I've got a little cash stash all set-up!!!! Now all I have to do is work lots of double shifts and lie to mum about why I'm REALLY going to Sydney in the holidays lol :shame: .

interesting idea.JPG
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice