How do you rotate your bags?

nitneet

Jun 16, 2020
Since most of you have an extensive handbag collection, how often do you switch out purses?
Do you rotate according to your outfit or based on functionality?
I think rotating purses are great to minimize wear and tear on the bag too.I tend to be lazy in switching out bags
but I think in the long run it will help my bags last longer.
Just curious about other tpfers handbag habits. I hope everyone have a great day!

Since most of you have an extensive handbag collection, how often do you switch out purses?
Do you rotate according to your outfit or based on functionality?
I think rotating purses are great to minimize wear and tear on the bag too.I tend to be lazy in switching out bags
but I think in the long run it will help my bags last longer.
Just curious about other tpfers handbag habits. I hope everyone have a great day!
I switch every couple of days. Most of my small stuff is in pouches so it’s pretty easy to do.

I would say, for me, it depends on what I'm in the mood for and how much stuff I need to carry with me. Sometimes it's only a few essentials (although that doesn't happen very often these days.) Other times, I need to have quite a considerable amount of stuff with me, so I would switch into a bigger bag.

On average, I'd say I rotate my bags every 5 days or so.

Most of my bags go with most of my outfits, so color isn't really an issue.

Sometimes I wear one for a few days, but I generally change bags every day.
First consideration is where am I going? Quick run to the grocery store? My HG Bag isn't even considered. For church/evening event - an evening bag. A shopping trip (mall) - crossbody, instead of hand carry.
Next consideration is how much I need to carry, so how big the bag needs to be.
Final consideration is matching my outfit and mood.

It depends on mood and need. Sometimes, I want to dress really casual and edgy and will carry a very classic handbag. I like the juxtaposition. If I know that I’m going to have a busy week, I will use a no fuss bag.

I only own maybe 3 black handbags, and I rarely carry them. I don’t really like black handbags so I don’t even try to match them to my outfits. Name a color, and I probably own a bag in that color family (even white) except green. I’m currently on the hunt for one.

Sometimes I wear one for a few days, but I generally change bags every day.
First consideration is where am I going? Quick run to the grocery store? My HG Bag isn't even considered. For church/evening event - an evening bag. A shopping trip (mall) - crossbody, instead of hand carry.
Next consideration is how much I need to carry, so how big the bag needs to be.
Final consideration is matching my outfit and mood.
you seem to have a very broad collection in terms of different designers - don't know how many you have but good that you're rotating frequently

I carry the bag I need, and in a few categories I have a couple of choices.
When I worked at the office I sometimes carried the same bag for work for over a week. If I needed to take more or less stuff, I'd switch bags. Rarely did I carry the same bag for work, shopping, hobbies, errands and/or social gatherings. Sometimes I switched 2-3 times a day according to need.
Now I rarely go out and work from home and just pick the bag I need. I have one large bag that I keep all of my bandbag stuff in. I take out things I need and pack them in the bag I take with me that day.

Last edited:
you seem to have a very broad collection in terms of different designers - don't know how many you have but good that you're rotating frequently

I have 43 :blush: and seriously need to rehome a few of them. There are three I'm willing to part with, and plan to sell or donate by the end of the year. MK Manhattan, Coach Dreamer 21, Marie Turner The Lunch.

I have 43 :blush: and seriously need to rehome a few of them. There are three I'm willing to part with, and plan to sell or donate by the end of the year. MK Manhattan, Coach Dreamer 21, Marie Turner The Lunch.
43 would be way too many for me. I feel guilty about not using my bags enough and I have about 12. but you change every day and if you're enjoying most of your bags, good for you