how do you remove/treat scratches on leather?

mishaagui

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Hi!
I am planning to get a pre-loved herbag as my 1st H baby. The bag is in very good condition except for scratches on the top flap (please see attached photo). How can remove or treat a scratch like this?

Would really appreciate to hear from all of you.

Thanks!

Attachments

duchess

Jun 14, 2007
I would send it to Hermes. I would not presume that I am capable of deciding which course of treatment is appropriate for a specific Hermes leather?

I send my Bentley, to Bentley for service since it is their product and I imagine that they should know best?.

duchess

Jun 14, 2007
unfortunately we don't have an H store here in the Philippines :sad:
Hi Mihaagui, I am consistently awed by the talent, and beauty of people, and products from the Philippines!

Please wait for the Hermes boutique to open.
Don't deprive yourself of the opportunity to be one of the first new clients in a brand new boutique!

All The Best!

Last edited:

mishaagui

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Hi Mihaagui, I am consistently awed by the talent, and beauty of people, and products from the Philippines!

Please wait for the Hermes boutique to open.
Don't deprive yourself of the opportunity to be one of the first new clients in a brand new boutique!

All The Best!
Oh Duchess! Thank you so much! It is so nice to hear kind words said about my beloved country.

I can't wait for our Hermes boutique to open but until then i just can't wait to own a piece of Hermes Heaven too!:cloud9::love::cloud9:

mishaagui

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Oh Duchess! Thank you so much! It is so nice to hear kind words said about my beloved country.

I can't wait for our Hermes boutique to open but until then i just can't wait to own a piece of Hermes Heaven too!:cloud9::love::cloud9:
Oh I meant i can't wait until our H boutique opens here in Manila. :smile:
btw, I'm going to Hong Kong on Dec. Do they refurbish bags there? HOw long does it usually take?

TIA :heart:

hello2703

Show Me The Orange!
O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Europe. Central.
Regarding that scratch: I would apply a small amount of Meltonian and then would rub rub rub rub very patiently. I think it would eventually blend in.

Haute Couturess

Black CDC Kelly pls!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
isn't there a special horse grooming brush you could use too? i forget who mentioned that. but H for refurbishment would be best.

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
Jan 3, 2008
USA
That bag is made from a natural cowhide and the leather is easily scratched. It is the "look" of that particular leather. If you do not like scratches, it is probably not the best choice for you.

Haute Couturess

Black CDC Kelly pls!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
Doesn't hurt to try to take care of it, though. I think the Meltonian route is worth a try. All bags need a little maintenance now and again.