How do you reason buying such an expensive bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmelander

Aug 27, 2007
I am interested to know how a girl/woman with an normal income, can reason buying a Chanel bag? If you not are rich, there must be some consequences??

I am really thinking about buying a Jumbo or Maxi, but it is so much money.

Is a bag really worth that much money?

(dont get me wrong,- I LOVE bags and Chanel)

if you are really worried, don't do it... because you won't stop!!!!! seriously, it's choices. i don't travel as much. but in another point in my life that might be my thing. and maybe i'd sell a chanel or two to pay for it. also my apt is nice but small. but i have nice clothes. that's my choice. i live in a city--don't need a car. etc etc. i think the chanel bags are worth more than the price tag for how good you feel carrying them. it sounds crazy and this is coming from a relatively non-superficial person! really!!! it is A LOT of money. but i also learned that sometimes buying things is better than not financially. if i hadn't bought some physical items including jewelry over the past 15 years i would have lost a lot of it in the market and then not felt comfy buying it--at least that's how i rationalize some of it ;) but to some degree it's really true. (and this wasn't just chanel and in fact i sold other designer bags because i don't use them any more...) and i get to enjoy these things in my day to day life. chanels do also have pretty good resale value, so.... but they are a lot and it's beginning to get old for me even. i think i am nearly saturated. maybe sell one to customize another but that will likely be it for a very long while... which is possible b/c they are classic. sorry for the long winded response. in short, it's a choice. but be careful. because it can become an addiction!!!! haha and try ebay or the like if you want to try to get a better price still for bag in great shape if not actually "vintage" good luck! which bag you spying--caviar, lamb, color??

well...my argument is if i'm not buying any large ticket electronics or home entertainment items or upgrading my car anytime soon, my splurge would be a bag or clothes and shoes. :amuse: Saying if it's worth the money is subjective. Is it worth the money to you? Personally, there's only really consequences for me if a) I know I can't pay for the bag in full after I charge it and I accrue interest for x # of months b) I need the money for something else more important than a Chanel bag (though I love Chanel) c) rather invest the money in something else. Then it's not worth it.

If you can justify the purchase, you'll end up loving it...unless you regret the cost later on. But I don't know if you have a family or anything like that to better put the money towards, but I think it's nice to treat yourself sometime even if it's only once.

Thank you for the respons. It is just nice to hear what other people think, because I do not know anyone (of my friends) who would understand spending that amount of money on a bag. I have other designer bags and I never tell the exac price when people ask me because I am a bit embarrassed.

For the most part a bag that you just cant live without is worth the money, because it will give you joy eveyday.

if you are really worried, don't do it... because you won't stop!!!!! seriously, it's choices. i don't travel as much. but in another point in my life that might be my thing. and maybe i'd sell a chanel or two to pay for it. also my apt is nice but small. but i have nice clothes. that's my choice. i live in a city--don't need a car. etc etc. i think the chanel bags are worth more than the price tag for how good you feel carrying them. it sounds crazy and this is coming from a relatively non-superficial person! really!!! it is A LOT of money. but i also learned that sometimes buying things is better than not financially. if i hadn't bought some physical items including jewelry over the past 15 years i would have lost a lot of it in the market and then not felt comfy buying it--at least that's how i rationalize some of it ;) but to some degree it's really true. (and this wasn't just chanel and in fact i sold other designer bags because i don't use them any more...) and i get to enjoy these things in my day to day life. chanels do also have pretty good resale value, so.... but they are a lot and it's beginning to get old for me even. i think i am nearly saturated. maybe sell one to customize another but that will likely be it for a very long while... which is possible b/c they are classic. sorry for the long winded response. in short, it's a choice. but be careful. because it can become an addiction!!!! haha and try ebay or the like if you want to try to get a better price still for bag in great shape if not actually "vintage" good luck! which bag you spying--caviar, lamb, color??

I'm not rich but when I buy a Chanel bag I feel rich lol it's a justified expense when the money used is the fruit of your labor. Life is too short to encapsulate yourself with monetary worries. Live and let loose :smile:

Hi, please do a search, we have plenty of threads already on this subject :yes:

Also, it might a good idea to take a peek in our Money Talks forum as well.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.