How Do You Prove Authentic is Authentic??

sckcs

O.G.
Aug 14, 2007
Sigh I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I sold a MiuMiu bag that I had purchased from NM and never used. The buyer gets the bag and emails me saying she took it to her SA at Nordstroms and the SA isn't sure about the leather or the lock. That's the buyers story anyway. I KNOW the bag is authentic but what do you do. I pointed out it was authenticated in the Miu Miu forum. Post 4592 for anyone that's interested. She says I could have switched the bag from the one in the picture. Geezz. I have over 1,000 positive feedback selling my Pradas, Vuittons, Miu Miu coffers, Kooba's, Cole Haan and many more.

I offered to take it back. It wasn't worth the hassle. We all know most of the bag makers won't authenticate the bags. What would you all have done in this situation? Take it back or stand your ground?

It's quite possible that the Nordstrom SA wasn't familiar with the bag so didn't want to give a solid opinion. If you want to avoid the hassle, just take it back...
I don't really know of anyone who authenticates Miu Miu (like Carol Diva does with Louis Vuitton), so it's hard to refer her to anyone, especially if she thinks you switched bags. Unless she wants to take her own pictures and post them on the Miu Miu forum for an authentication. :shrugs:
Which brings up another point, why would she believe you may have switched the bag out from what you had authenticated? Does the bag she has in her hands not look exactly like what's in the pictures?

I guess I just don't get why people even bother buying from ebay if they still have worries about its authenticity, even when an item is definitely authentic.

If you do accept the return, I would just be darn sure that the bag you get back is the same one you sent her.

You said it exactly. I said after selling all the bags I have sold, why would I switch one now. It's very frustrating. The bag looked exactly like the one in the picture. She just seemed bound and determined to believe it was fake from the start. I felt like there was no way to prove it was authentic. She couldn't prove it wasn't authentic but because an SA who wasn't familiar with the bag basically said she "didn't know" it was assumed fake.

Sorry this has happened - it's so true, if people won't believe what they see and buy are real then why waste anyone's time. I mean really - with how you describe your feedback on ebay I can't even see why she is saying this unless she has buyer's remorse and just needs her money back.

As inconvenient as it will be to you, you are probably best served by just taking it back; unless you don't think her negative would hamper your ebaying, in which case you could put the pressure on her to prove it's a fake.

Yet - in today's ebay climate the buyer has all the power, and the sellers are pretty much left holding the bag (no pun intended).

Sorry and good luck.

Even if you decide to stand your ground, she can file Paypal claim and they will make you take it back (this exact thing happened to me before). Paypal never listens to sellers anymore, they always side with buyers. Don't waste energy and ruin your mood - just take it back and forget about the whole thing ASAP. She is most likely having buyer's remorse and never thought the bag is fake in the first place. Sorry it happened to you and Good luck!!

I guess I've been lucky with having such good responses from my previous buyers. I've heard so many stories in this forum I guess it was bound to happen. It's just so frustrating that when someone wants to believe it's fake, they can. They don't even have to prove it's fake anymore. At least I got the bag back quickly and in good condition. I was concerned about that and if I would receive my authenticity cards.

Is there any recourse if you don't get the bag back that you sent? Fake or used returned.

]]it happened to me a while bag. I actually sold a mm bag that was limited edition and was purchased from a beloved tpffer. This bag is not even faked I mean I have never come accross a fake of this bag. The buyer got it authenticated here still claims it is fake and said that the nm sa did not know even if a bag like that existed. I took the b
ag graciously as I did love it to peices. I guess it is best to take the bag back because I read this in news paper some time back that a women who sold a lv when did not take it back filed a dispute and won it and she had sent the bag back to some paypal destruction center or some thing like that. So it is best to take it back.

as to getting a fake or a used bag back. I hope it dose not happens to you. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you

Hi Sckcs... I think I know who your buyer is (possibly on PF?)

I think she is really having doubts about the bag - you should really just take it back, and find an new loving owner....

that gorgeous MM bag deserves a loving owner,........ not some one who 2nd guess it...

about the NM SAs... most of them don't know how to autheticate period.... That's how many fake MM end up on the shelves of NM, Saks etc.:rant:

I guess I've been lucky with having such good responses from my previous buyers. I've heard so many stories in this forum I guess it was bound to happen. It's just so frustrating that when someone wants to believe it's fake, they can. They don't even have to prove it's fake anymore. At least I got the bag back quickly and in good condition. I was concerned about that and if I would receive my authenticity cards.

Is there any recourse if you don't get the bag back that you sent? Fake or used returned.

I've heard people videotape themselves while opening the package in front of the mailman, but don't know if it helps much in fighting your case, if the bag is fake. I know that she has to send it within like 10 days and provide tracking to get reimbursed. I've talked to multiple live people on eBay/Paypal back then, but did not get anywhere...it was a 100% buyers remorse in my case, however they automatically decided the claim in her favor...GL!

Kiki, I did take it back. I got it back today. And you're right, I'm sure, about who it is. It appears she has contacted her cc at least 3 other times doing chargebacks. I voluntarily offered to take it back. She emailed me Fri that it had tried to be delivered. I emailed her back(via mt I phone) that I was out of town and would be back late sun night. She filed a paypal dispute on Sun not even giving me a chance. I went to the post office today, worried about what condition it would be in. It was fine and I refunded her today. I know it was authentic. I even have the same bag in a different color from NM. It's just frustrating when you know it's authentic. It's also the first time I've ever had my morals/ethics questioned and I had a bit of a hard time with that also.

Kiki, I did take it back. I got it back today. And you're right, I'm sure, about who it is. It appears she has contacted her cc at least 3 other times doing chargebacks. I voluntarily offered to take it back. She emailed me Fri that it had tried to be delivered. I emailed her back(via mt I phone) that I was out of town and would be back late sun night. She filed a paypal dispute on Sun not even giving me a chance. I went to the post office today, worried about what condition it would be in. It was fine and I refunded her today. I know it was authentic. I even have the same bag in a different color from NM. It's just frustrating when you know it's authentic. It's also the first time I've ever had my morals/ethics questioned and I had a bit of a hard time with that also.
Be sure and block her from any future auctions and I do wish you would say who the heck it is so others can block her too!!!