How Do You Protect Your MJ From Damage When You Fly?

swan1

Dec 26, 2008
When you fly, do you put the dustbag on your MJ bag before putting it under the seat? Do you have other ways you keep your bag from getting dirty or damaged on a plane? Or do you just pack your MJ and carry something else onboard? TIA!

I don't use my MJ's when I fly. I have an LV tote & carryon that I use since it's coated canvas. I've used my MbMJ Faridah a few times when I've flown, but I usually stick to my LVs.

I try to keep my bag in the seat beside me. Sometimes the flight attendants ask me to put under the seat but I try to avoid it. I just feel better having it with me for sanitary and security reasons.

Last time I flew, I had a bigger carry on bag which my small MP could fit in AND I took a dustbag.

On one leg, I put my small MP in the dustbag in the bigger carry on bag.

On the other part of my journey, I put it under the seat in front of me in the dustbag.

I was paranoid because it was light colored!

I don't carry any MJ when I travel, I go to one of my lighter bags. I also don't ever pack a bag in a suitcase, Im too worried I'd get my bag lost in transit.

I don't ever take super long flights, so my bag usually sits on my lap. I'm funny about putting them on the floor and usually the seat by me is occupied.

As for the bags I take with, I'm even worse! My carry on bag is usually filled mostly with purses -- I don't check my purses. I'd be heartbroken if a suitcase came back and a bag was missing. I do put them in their dustbag inside my carry on, but I remove the tissue paper I normally keep in them.

Last time I flew, I had a bigger carry on bag which my small MP could fit in AND I took a dustbag.

On one leg, I put my small MP in the dustbag in the bigger carry on bag.

On the other part of my journey, I put it under the seat in front of me in the dustbag.

I was paranoid because it was light colored!

I did the same thing when I went on a trip last spring. I had just gotten a light gray small MP for my birthday and wanted to take it with me, but was afraid of getting it dirty. I used an XL Longchamp tote as a carry-on with the MP in a dustbag inside.

I took my MJs several times for flights and they are all fine. I even once took almond stam. It got not one stain. I just am careful with my bags, don't put them on floors and make sure they got stuffed safely into the bord cabinet. I just make sure I put something else, e.g. my coat beneath it, so nobody can squash something on my bag.

I love my MJs and I want to take them with me, so I just take turns for my bags. :biggrin: