How do you pronounce Miu Miu??

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
A lady at net-a-porter's call center told me it is pronounced moo-ey moo-ey but without too much emphasis on the oo's. So more like mu-ay mu-ay.

LMFAO!

dukechickie

♥♥ blue devil
O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
back to jersey
I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure her name is pronounced Mew-chya Prada.. so I think Miu Miu is pronounced like Mew-Mew. Haha, hope that helps.

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
CA
It is pronounced mew-mew. Great question. Here is a great place to find out how alot of the European designers names are pronounced. I found this when I wanted to order some CL shoes and didn't want to sound like an idiot (I probably did anyway though), hope it helps:

http://fashion.about.com/cs/designers/l/blpronounce.htm

:yes:

Lyssuh

Aug 3, 2006
It's Mew Mew. I've called Barneys and the Miu Miu store and they've all pronounced it that way. I use to think it was Moo-wee Moo-wee...they guy at Barneys laughed at me :s

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Across a pond
It's italian. Everywhere I've been here in Europe they say Mi-ou Mi-ou (Two syllables per "Miu", so no myu myu or mew mew, there's a slight difference), which is the proper italian pronounciation.

kneehighz

mood: PRADA!
Jun 13, 2007
tpf
Mi-ou Mi-ou :tup: Its tough trying to describe how something sounds because people pronounce things differently.

Mar 19, 2007
nyc.
hah! great question. I had always pronounced it moui-moui until I asked an SA and just like the general consensus here, I was told...mew-mew.