how do you prep your skin for foundation?

xpurseloverx

love 2 shop
Mar 8, 2008
Chicago
i am having trouble on what to do before i put my foundation on would you ladies mind sharing how you get your skin ready for foundation?
thnks in advance:smile:

Sep 12, 2006
Chicago
I always moisturize prior to foundation application. If my skin is being naughty, Ill add in a primer in between my moisturizer and foundation. This goes for liquid and powder foundations. Hope this helped.

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
Born in the USA
Moisturizer and then the makeup.

If I'm going out to an even and if I'm using liquid, I try to use a primer, but it depends on my mood.

But I always moisturize before.

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
Seattle
I use a moisturizer with sunscreen and let it sink in while I'm getting dressed.

Then I use primer...and then, foundation!

TheDivineWithin

Om Namah Shivayah
Nov 7, 2009
Chi-city
Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer w/SPF 30 right out of the shower. Let it sink it. Then Smashbox primer. My foundation goes on evenly and smoothly.

May 29, 2008
I put on my moisturizer before I get dressed so it can sink in. Then I put on primer, wait a couple minutes, and then foundation :smile:

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
I put on moisturiser after I get out of the shower, then get dressed, then I will sometimes prep with YSL Top Secrets Flash Radiance otherwise I simply mix my foundation in with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and apply that mixture. It works well for me.

twin53

O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
i moisturize first then foundation/tinted moisturizer. i use primer after moisturizer if it's going to be a long day.