How do you pay for your purses???!!

shihfan said:
Im in medical school too, which year are u in?.... those loans really dont get me far, it is hard to make designer purchases nowadays! Most other students i come across arent really interested in fashion. Hopefully all the hard work/suffering/ wearing ugly "comfort" flats will all be worth it in couple years! and we wont have to think twice when we find a fab bag!

Ditto! I'm a second year, starting to write those SOAPs and seeing the patients. Unfortunately Step 1 is looming over my head, but I will reward myself with a really kickass bag when I'm done. :smile:

Loans do not get me far in terms of cash, but playing piano does. Piano = fun money. Loans = rent and living. It's a good system. :lol:

i work at best buy and get a little monthly money from my parents to cover basic expenses. they also take care of rent, tuition, car payment, and gas. whatever i earn goes towards bags and clothes, basically.

definitely the SO-- he makes fun of me about my penchance for bags, but he's bought me a bag on almost every special occasion the past two years! i guess it's easier for him to just get me a bag because he knows i'll like it, and for me, it sure beats electronics! (which is what he got me for the first two years!)

I haven't started buying bags yet, I'm planning on getting an expensive one as a graduation gift to me. I still live at home (moving out in a few months), my college tuition is paid for thanks to scholarship, my car is paid for thanks to my parents, so my retail job gives me the money for fun stuff, travel, clothes, etc.
I'm trying to save up to spend several weeks overseas this summer as well as signing a lease on a place. so I'm looking for a new job right now.

I'm lucky that my dad appreciates my handbag addictions so he pays for most of my bags (for now), but pretty soon I need to start learning how to live on my own.

I do tricks!:nuts: just kidding. I set aside $150 a paycheck just for purses. As the money grows, it's kinda hard for me to kill it on a purse. But when i find a purse that i just absolutely love.... then i drain the account and start all over again.

Hey you two med students. You will get your rewards. delayed gratification is our mantra but soon enough it will be behind you. I buy whatever I want and my husband never asks. I used to feel guilty until I found this site. Now I just think of it as collecting just like some people collect stamps . I worked hard to get through med school and I finally paid off all of those loans so the money is good even with 4 kids.

loren said:
I worked hard to get through med school and I finally paid off all of those loans so the money is good even with 4 kids.

Wow... congrats Loren for paying off your student loans! :nuts: I hope I can pay mine off in the near future. Those #s are pretty scary...

my parents! + birthday money, christmas money, babysitting money, etc. etc. but mostly i get purses for holidays or birthdays and i save the money my dad puts on my debit

I'm a student.. and I work part time.. So I save save save :P And also I'm cutting my wedding budget and a little LOL. Who needs $100 bottles of champagne anyways, $20 is just as good after the first glass :-X

So..

I tend to buy my girlfriend, mom, and sister about 3000 dollars worth of bags a year.

How? Well, they usually get overstock from my supplies but if i see something I just know they will like i will buy it. Thing is, save. Make smart purchases. Or you can cash in a mutual fund and get silly..

Kat said:
I have the good fortune of having a hubby that buys them for me without me ever having to ask. If he sees me looking at something he'll just take it to the counter and pay for it. Sometimes I have to stop him and insist that I really am not in love with it .. I was just looking! If I'm alone and see something I really love I'll buy it too! My husband loves shopping so we're usually together!

My hubby just realized how much bags mean to me. For the first Christmas gift he ever got me, right before we married, I told him to get me a purse. He got me an Anne Klein one- cute, but fell apart by Easter. I told him bags are like the difference between real jewlery and zirconias! - you pay a bit more, but they can last forever.

Since then he has bought me a Coach bag for Christmas and a gorgeous Dooney and Bourke- I would never had bought that brand, but the bag he picked out is gorgeous! Who would have thunked?

And in return I have to put up with non stop playing of Civilization IV. <g>,

I also married an older man as well........but he really likes to go clothes shopping! In fact- he is the one to drag *me* to the mall when he sees something new in a catalog or on TV. But we are really being frugal- we are saving like crazy for a house so I only buy one or two bags a year.