How do you nourish your darwin bags?

sme99

O.G.
Sep 28, 2010
I was wondering what product people use to nourish their darwin bags? Rosie is feeling a bit dry, but I'm unsure what works best. I have some neutral Woly cream, but is there something that would be better? And what's the best method to use, please?

I have been using Clarks premium leather cleaner on my Emmy and that has been fine. I also spray it with the collonil spray buy prefer the cream as I think it is better on the leather when it feels a bit dry.

Ive only ever had the courage to collonil by Darwin bags. As you know my Darwin bags dont get to see daylight...........I am continuing to work on that.

From memory, Lady Bo and KLP are the experts on nourishing bags, hopefully they can shed some of their wisdom around.

I keep forgetting whether its collonil then woly or vice versa............

I was told by James at Bicester that Darwin shouldn't be nourished - only sprayed.
This was after I had nourished every one of my Darwins unfortunately :Push:

^^^
I had already done it MMM when he gave me that advice . This has come up before on here and other people have said the same about Darwin and haven't ever nourished theirs. Hopefully they will come on and contribute.

To be perfectly honest, I think that even Collonil changes the texture slightly, and not in a good way. However, I'd still be afraid not to use it on oak. I think that Darwin becomes more supple with wear. I only ever use nourishers on corners which have become dry or scuffed. Maybe I'm lazy! :P

I do nourish my Darwin bags! I use a product called Collonil Gold Premium. It's a nourisher and polisher for delicate leathers. It makes the colour deep and rich which I personally love.

I once had a very dry Emmy which I had sprayed, leaving the leather even more dry. I always nourish first and then spray. But I know others do it the other way around.

If anyone has a 'brand spanking new never carried or nourished Darwin Oak Roxanne' I would be happy to take it off your hands and keep it without nourishing it - purely in the interest of research of course.

I have been using Collonil classic leather gel and the results are great. It's easy to apply and gives old darwin a bit of a perk. I didn't think my battered black Roxy could be improved, but she now looks much perkier. And yes, all my items were sprayed before any kind of treatment but I don't use Collonil - I use another brand which doesn't need re-spraying.

are the water stop spray and gel that mulberry recommend easy to apply? it may sound like an odd question but is there a chance you could discolour the bag at all or apply too much and ruin the leather?