How do you nourish your darwin bags?

I was wondering what product people use to nourish their darwin bags? Rosie is feeling a bit dry, but I'm unsure what works best. I have some neutral Woly cream, but is there something that would be better? And what's the best method to use, please?

This is just a good question for me too. Today I received a new darwin Bayswater (yes, a reveal will come later, didn't have the time yet, but she's so cool :cool: ).
Ofcourse I want to use her the coming week ;) , so what do I do to protect her now? I have Collonil waterstop spray, but also Collonil waterstop cream. The Collonil Gold DD is writing about I don't know.

Any suggestions?

This is just a good question for me too. Today I received a new darwin Bayswater (yes, a reveal will come later, didn't have the time yet, but she's so cool :cool: ).
Ofcourse I want to use her the coming week ;) , so what do I do to protect her now? I have Collonil waterstop spray, but also Collonil waterstop cream. The Collonil Gold DD is writing about I don't know.

Any suggestions?

When I bought collonil items from the collonil branch in North America, they very kindly sent me this advice:

I just want to remind you that if your leathers are new you should always waterproof them first before you apply any lotions or creams to them. Otherwise you always following the following formula: Clean Care and Waterproof.

We just want to clarify, it is very important to waterproof prior to first wearing ie. just after you bought the item. This is because some leather goods manufacturers don't waterproof the items during the manufacturing process. Not all manufacturers make this clear to their customers.

So what happens is that a person will buy a high end purse or other leather good and will go out in the rain or apply a cream before waterproofing it and then get what looks like oily spots on the leather because the water or lotion will penetrate deeper in some spots than others and you get an uneven distribution.

Again you don't have to waterproof each time you're going to apply a lotion or polish. The concern is to make make sure you waterproof prior to first wearing.

When I asked how many coats of collonil waterstop need to be applied for the bag to be well protected, this is what they said:

3 coats would do it. The procedure we like to recommend is;

Spray the leather from a distance of 20cm and allow it to dry. Repeat this process for a total of 3 times. Once you have completed this then gently buff the leather. Repeat after 8-10 times of wearing especially if you use the purse in really bad weather.

The collonil gold is a polish and a nourisher, and the collonil guys told me that the procedure for using the collonil gold is the same as for any lotion/cream when it comes to a brand new bag straight from the manufacturers (waterproof before using). Hope this helps.

Thanks MMoos, that's what I also thought, but I got confused about the idea of first nourishing then spraying.
So tonight's spray-night ..... and tomorrow I can use my new bag.... :yahoo:

You are very welcomed.

Enjoy using your new bag!! But please show us some pics...so we can enjoy the bag with you. :smile:

I bought my Mulberry in Paris and couldn't understand the care instruction, the lady gave me. So this is very helpfull. Where I live isn't a mulberry shop. Can I spray my EW bayswater with another spray? Coxy weather protection for example??

I have sprayed my darwins with collonil waterstop spray firstly, let dry, spray again, let dry again before using the collonil leather cream, i found that both products do darken tne colour of the bags somewhat, but i quite like them like that, it makes the patina deeper a cognac type colour yummy!