How do you narrow down your VCA wishlist

May 10, 2009
Hi!
Like many of you, I absolutely love VCA and wish I could have it all. I find myself being so indecisive on how to buy what I will really love down the line. How does one make a well rounded and thought out collection?

So far I have :
Magic Malachite Alhambra earrings
3 stone drop Alhambra earrings in yellow gold
Btw the finger ring gray mop & onyx

I would love to add a VA bracelet next-
I’m torn between carnelian and mop

I also would love to add either 2 10’s in different colors(mop and a solid yellow gold or a mop and carnelian or a mop and blue agate). Or I could do one long mop in yg.

I live in south Florida where i tend wear lots of white or summery colors.

Any advice please?

Reactions: VCALoverNY and hhw
10 motif in solid gold would go well with ur current earring and ring.

then another 10 can be in MOP, it creates a complete different look. White is great for summer too.

1 long MOP might not go with ur current earring.

Looks like u really love the MOP, u should get bracelet in MOP to match the MOP 10 if u decided to get it.

i like it matchy at least for two items.

White and blue are the colors I'd wear most for the summer, so I'd vote MOP for the bracelet since you are in FL (I think the blue agate would be nice to eventually get, also). I'd choose solid gold, MOP, or blue agate for the 10s. I find that I wear red some in the winter, so I'd like to maybe have a bracelet in carnelian, but I would think you'd get so much more wear out of the other three since you have a long summer and not much winter!

I am having trouble narrowing down my own list, however!

Reactions: floridamama
If you wear a lot of white, the carnelian looks amazing against white (for the bracelet).

For the 2 10s, the YG and blue agate look really nice together. MOP would be nice too but I'm wary of how it will fare on sweaty skin? After a summer of wearing my MOP pendant, the skin-side of the pendant has dulled a lot. I don't wear lotions, perfume, or sunscreen on my neck (I probably should!)

I think a lack of funds helps me narrow down my list :P

I don’t own any VCA yet but am planning to get the Vintage Alhambra pendant in guilloche yellow gold hopefully by Christmas. I would love the matching earrings and the bracelet too but just want to focus on one piece at a time. I think because I already have a few Cartier pieces (2 bracelets & 4 rings), all that is really missing in my jewellery collection is a classic pendant (and maybe some statement earrings).

I’m trying to appreciate what I already have although if money was no concern, you bet I’d have a nice VCA collection! :graucho:

Reactions: Mjxxsyd and ayshaa
Hi!
Like many of you, I absolutely love VCA and wish I could have it all. I find myself being so indecisive on how to buy what I will really love down the line. How does one make a well rounded and thought out collection?

So far I have :

I also would love to add either 2 10’s in different colors(mop and a solid yellow gold or a mop and carnelian or a mop and blue agate). Or I could do one long mop in yg.

Any advice please?

I like to create sets. So, I'll do a necklace, then bracelet, and then earrings. I know I'm in the minority here bc most people mix and match!

Another vote for the bracelet in mop. curious if anyone combines their bracelet with the 20-motif to get an extra long length?
I have a 20 motif and the bracelet, both in MOP WG. I tried doing that and all you see are motifs. Too much for me. I love long necklaces (I have a 52” strand of pearls), but I think all those motifs take away from the beauty of it, and I looked like Mr. T... all chain, no style.
For a long necklace, I think the 16 motif is perfect. It’s airy and also longer (47”) so it looks better. The 20+5 only gives you 41” so the necklace lands in no mans land, around the stomach.
I also did not like seeing the clasps.
Hope that helps.

Hi!

So far I have :

Any advice please?
Hi! I would get a 20 MOP and matching earrings. I wear that combo a lot. It’s casual yet coordinated. It would be perfect for warm Florida weather.
Long necklaces are beautiful... they swing! It’s the 20s!
Plus, I like sets... casual chic to go with jeans, Bermuda shorts...
Good luck!