How do you make DH buy you a Chanel Handbag???

i never ask my DH to spend that much on a bag for me, truth is, he thinks it's a waste to spend that much on a bag, and he doesn't understand why i "need" all these bags, he thinks I really don't need them all. so I just use my own money, he, however,always surprises me with other things he thinks I "need", like a GPS navigator for V-day (i know, it's not a romantic gift at all but he figures I get lost all the time when driving), or an i-pod (so I can listen to my favorite music anytime anywhere), or a Wii (he believes Wii sport can help me loss weight and exercise more if I play it daily....since I never exercise he thinks this is a good way to start!)

But if he takes you there to get your gift, doesn't take off the suprising part? My DH told me that if he would buy me a gift, he'd just tell me to go with him so that he can buy the perfect gift. Is that a good idea after all? :confused1:

:yes: ..but my DH know my "hobby"..if he sees me..undecided whether to buy or not...he will be quick to add "OK, let's buy it".

how about making a list with your SA of the items you like --some jewelry, some bags, some shoes all different price points and then give him her #.
he can call and pick something and it will be something you love, but still a surprise.
for me, BF asks what i would like and although he does not get the handbag love at all, he'd buy them for me, but i'm very weird and don't like to receive gifts. so, i never give ideas or hints. i buy what i want myself. his gifts are always surprises, but never handbags...

I think it depends on what your dh is like. If your DH doesn't know what you would like, you could always write him a "just in case he feels like surprising you" list of things you'd love. :heart:

For me, I honestly don't think I give my DH a chance to surprise me because I usually buy the bags myself. It's like - I would not know what type of fishing boat gps thing he'd want, just as he doesn't know much about bags so we generally just buy our own stuff....

...which is really NOT that surprising or romantic, though:sad:

The best scenario of course...is when you bf/dh surprises you with your favorite bag without you telling him.

I know!! That's exactly what I wanted... But I'm not sure if he can get the right handbag for me one of these days.. I tried doing some extra knowledge about "brands" for him so that in case he would give me a present, he knows where to go! But I'm still not sure, if he can get the handbag I really :heart: because my DH is really, really, really bad at it! :sweatdrop: :crybaby:

I don't think my DH would EVER buy me a bag! EVER!! It is just not his thing, he is too out of his comfort zone. Even with jewelry, he would much rather I pick it out and adore it than him guess and have it be "not quite". At the beginning it bugged me . . . but we've been together almost 20 yrs. so in the grand scheme of things I know it is minor, and his heart is in the right place, he just wants me to be happy. And since he knows bags are my thing he lets me be (although I do get teased! and even the kids tease me about "why so many?":P ) I think there are different ways of showing affection, and not all guys are great present givers. The "wish list" thing works for lots of my friends, but I don't use it, if I have to do that much work I'd rather just bring the bag home that day!! :lol:

Guilt all the way!!! Depression also works... and the two combined are lethal for my husband's wallet. He doesn't mind, he really wants me to be happy. Also we don't have kids.... and he knows how I always wanted one.... all right I can go on and on with good excuses but the bottom line is that my DH really likes to give me nice things and shop with me in the fancy boutiques.

I never asked my DH. The more i talked about the TPF and Chanel bags, the more it annoy him. He thought it was a waste of money having so many handbags.
It wasn't until last December he went overseas for a month and surprise me with a handbag. Really, took me by surprise. You jus never know.

I buy the bag, take a picture of it, e-mail him the picture with a note that says "This is what you just bought me for my (insert occasion here)" :rolleyes: :P

Or I do a happy dance and he says "KNOW how much have you cost me?!" :roflmfao:

DH already knows that I'm wading around in Chanel.
Recently he says "What's next? Hermes?!"

He knows all about this forum.
And I'm pretty sure he hates all of you :roflmfao: