How Do You Like Your Gigi and How Do You Use It?

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
I've been looking at the Gigi for some time now and would like to hear from anyone who has one. Does it stay on your shoulder well? How heavy is it? How do you use it?

Does anyone have it in brown signature? Would gladly send two boxes of girl scout cookies and a margarita for pics!:P

I have the leather Gigi in whiskey. It's very heavy (at least for my wimpy arms :oh:). I've had no trouble keeping it on my shoulder but it's not comfortable for any length of time. I've been going back and forth for the last couple weeks on whether to keep her. It's sooo beautiful and I believe a classic that will last forever, versus how much I'll end up using it. :shrugs:

I'd think the signature would be substantially lighter, though I haven't compared at the boutique.

I used it as a regular purse/bag for about a week. Concluded that it's too big and heavy for that, so it'll be a carting things to work bag or a stuff things in it for a road trip bag.

the reason why i returned Gigi was because it didn't stay on my shoulder well. Otherwise it's a gorgeous bag...especially in CLAY. If you get it, make sure you wear it around the house w/your normal purse guts in it to make sure it's gonna be comfortable to you. That's what I did, and that's how I knew that it wasn't gonna work for me.

I have the leather Gigi in Clay. It is heavy, but I carry quite a bit in my bag. It stays on the shoulder, but I don't think I'll be able to wear it there in the winter with a bulky coat. I definitely LOVE this tote, though. I believe it would be lighter in weight in the signature, but I have compared in person. This bag is a keeper for me for sure!!:tup:

Thanks so much for this help! My local boutique doesn't have any in stock so I can't try it on. I've got the slim tote in natural leather so I'm looking at the brown signature--partly because of weight--and will probably use it more as a work tote.

Thank you!

I ordered the GiGi in clay today.
noshoepolish you and are on the same page!! :yes: We both just ordered the Lily in whiskey and the clay Gigi is my next bag!! I'm scrambling to think of how I can come up with the money for her before PCE is over! I saw the clay color IRL today while I was ordering my Lily and I was totally :drool: !!!