How do you ladies protect your handles on your azur speedy?

designer1

Jul 23, 2010
So, I just bought a new speedy azur 30, and I want to keep the handles clean and light in color for as long as I can. What do you all do to protect your handles? I've seen those cute little knit covers but that's not really me. I'd rather leave them bare. Thanks

I had once considered using bandeaus to wrap around, but then I feared color transfer from the scarf onto the handles if it got damp or something. All I have ever done is protect them with a Kiwi leather protector spray, and make sure not to grab the handles when my hands are wet or use lotion, etc. My handles held up beautifully and a protector product of your choice will also slow the patina process.

So, I just bought a new speedy azur 30, and I want to keep the handles clean and light in color for as long as I can. What do you all do to protect your handles? I've seen those cute little knit covers but that's not really me. I'd rather leave them bare. Thanks

I use loving my bags ( LMB ) there is a thread here about it . It is a 3 piece kit you buy it is like 70 bucks think and it is sooo worth it !! It keeps water spots and etc off it I mean you still have to care for it no lotions etc but it helps protect it hard core

I have a new DA Speedy and I never touch the handles. I never hand carry it. I always make sure my hands are dry and clean and I just slip my hand through and always wrist carry it.

I don't wash my hands with water when I am out. I always carry antibacterial wipes and make sure they are dry before touching the bag again.

I have a new DA Speedy and I never touch the handles. I never hand carry it. I always make sure my hands are dry and clean and I just slip my hand through and always wrist carry it.

I don't wash my hands with water when I am out. I always carry antibacterial wipes and make sure they are dry before touching the bag again.
WOW, that sounds like a lot of work, and near impossible for me to pull off. Okay, thanks ladies, I will just spray the handles with an all protector and try to have clean hands every time I carry her. I know my kids won't, every time they grab the bag to reach inside for my wallet (always asking for money)..lol

I find it really helps if you don't touch them immediately after applying anything to your hands, such as lotion or hand sanitizer. Also keep it out of the sun.

Another vote for Lovin' My Bags! Just bought a new Speedy, and pretreated everything - looks beautiful! Have also used on not-new vachetta, and it cleans wonderfully and minimizes water spotting.