How do you know when your pet is spoiled?

I know about people who make separate meals for their animals - meals that humans could eat. I also think our cat is kind of spoiled, because she always get her way, but she's cute, so it's okay.

Although my boy sleeps separately from us, he gets to be tucked into his blankie and a nite-nite kiss every night. He would raise his head a little so that I can tuck the blankie nicely around his neck.

Lovely stories...My "picky" Nicky would not eat his regular doggie food if it's not mixed with some grilled chicken, salmon, steak, spaghetti, cheese (among other goodies)or anything fresh that we cook that same day. He would sniff his food and look at us with a piercing look until we add something good to his dry food. He doesn't like the dog canned food, either. I know that we're guilty of spoiling him with food, but we can't help it. I think pets have as many rights as humans to eat and enjoy the same things in life.

My dog will lay down next to me and *grab* my hand by pawing at it until she gets a belly rub. If I stop she starts the grabbing all over again. And I'm too much of a sucker to make her stop. :smile:

My dog will lay down next to me and *grab* my hand by pawing at it until she gets a belly rub. If I stop she starts the grabbing all over again. And I'm too much of a sucker to make her stop. :smile:

My little Tulu does that too. I hold her like a baby and I rub her belly. If I stop she will paw at my hand or at my face. She is just so cute b/c she will even fall asleep like that.

One of my dogs is spoiled. He doesn't eat dry food at all. He has to it with something else. He also has to see some other kind of food. His water has to be next to him no matter what, or else he won't eat. He actually eats when he lays down.

Let's see where do I start ... I am sure I am forgetting something but here goes in no particular order. My long hair Chi is so spoiled.
He sleeps in bed with us.
He goes to work with me everyday where he has 5 beds and 3 couches to choose from.
The entire back of my SUV is wall to wall dog beds,
He has 6 beds here in the house (beside ours or I should say HIS since he takes up half the bed at night and he is a Chi.)
He has a stroller I put him any time we are not going to pee/poop walk. It is great when we go shopping.
If he is not in his stroller I have 2 leather bags I can carry him in.
He has at least 50 coats/sweaters/harnesses
He had shoes but he hated them.
He has a HUGE toy box full of toys that he almost never plays with.
He goes with me EVERYWHERE. If he is left alone 2 times a month that is a lot.
When it rains I carry him out under my coat so he does not have to get wet.
He gets freeze dried liver treats.
He will not walk unless both my husband and I both go out with him on the walk.
The only thing that he is not spoiled with is I do make him eat mostly dog food with a little turkey in it for flavor.

I know about people who make separate meals for their animals - meals that humans could eat.

:shame: Well, that would be us. We cook Bison for our dogs, and add it to their dry food. We add bone meal and frozen beans and peas to it, and the pups LOVE it.

We started doing this because my late Border Collie :crybaby: had a serious health condition, and it was recommended that we feed her the above Bison food. The other dogs were jealous, of course, so we shared it with everyone. Our Border Collie had to be put down last summer, but we kept making this special food for the other dogs and adding it to their regular food--they would have been devastated if the "good stuff" stopped coming!

Let's see where do I start ... I am sure I am forgetting something but here goes in no particular order. My long hair Chi is so spoiled.
He sleeps in bed with us.
He goes to work with me everyday where he has 5 beds and 3 couches to choose from.
The entire back of my SUV is wall to wall dog beds,
He has 6 beds here in the house (beside ours or I should say HIS since he takes up half the bed at night and he is a Chi.)
He has a stroller I put him any time we are not going to pee/poop walk. It is great when we go shopping.
If he is not in his stroller I have 2 leather bags I can carry him in.
He has at least 50 coats/sweaters/harnesses
He had shoes but he hated them.
He has a HUGE toy box full of toys that he almost never plays with.
He goes with me EVERYWHERE. If he is left alone 2 times a month that is a lot.
When it rains I carry him out under my coat so he does not have to get wet.
He gets freeze dried liver treats.
He will not walk unless both my husband and I both go out with him on the walk.
The only thing that he is not spoiled with is I do make him eat mostly dog food with a little turkey in it for flavor.

You win. :yes:

i know my dog is spoiled when....
she refuse to eat any type of dog food w/o part of human dinner mixed in it

she refuse to walk on pavement, only walks on grass:hysteric:

she made ME chase the bird out of house b/c she's too scared of it, mind you, this is a 60 pound dog i am talking about! :cursing:

she will literally kick anyone off of sofa (3 seats, she only use 2 seats) if she want to take a power nap, she stretch herself to the fullest, won't stop kicking until that person leaves, have no shame to leak out loud and stinky gas if kicking dosen't work.

Hide and refuse to respond if any of family member scolded her

'Reminds" my grandma it's nap time by swipe the TV remote on floor and pound at the buttons in hopes of turning off TV so she can take a nap w/grandma

Hates English or Japanese channel(she understands Chinese only, hehe), or certain commercial, she give a nasty look and make 'humf' noise at anyone who switch to those channels.

She is also racist-which i can never figure out how a Dog can be racist!? I promise none of our family member teach or act like that, but she does not welcome distant family member/visitor from China, doesn't matter if that person just got off plane form China or has been living in States for years. She barks and attack no matter how long or short they stayed...had to lock her in laundry room for 3 months b/c she was very offensive to our guest. She also completely ignores(including meats given to her:wtf: in attempt of bribing ) my dad's newly wed wife who's from China, she has been living in the house for 6 months already, tries very hard to please my dog, but still don't see any progress:sweatdrop:

My kitties are spoiled...Jack sleeps by my head and Sammy over my legs ....and I try not to move and if I have to get out of bed I carefully crawl out not disturbing anyone(cats) but my s.o.:shame:

All three of my pups are spoiled!
-They sleep on the bed with either DH or myself- whichever one of his goes to bed last gets the floor
-They only like the red pieces in their food
-Only play with their berber toys until the squeaker is out- then they are bored with it
-They will only drink water if the bowl is flled to the top- if it is halfway, they look at us waiting to fill it
-They get everything they want!