How Do You Know When Your Collection Is Complete?

Thanks! I found a wallet a few days ago through a reseller - a gator Bearn! Dealing with the boutiques just takes too long! I will post a reveal when it arrives.

Wowwwww!!!! I am excited for you. Hopefully you found a wonderful bright color. I know you were looking for a pop of color. I really enjoy the bearn wallets. I put them in rotation along with many Chanel wallets and WOCs. I do love Hermes colors. Enjoy, can't wait to see your pics. You are on a roll.

Wowwwww!!!! I am excited for you. Hopefully you found a wonderful bright color. I know you were looking for a pop of color. I really enjoy the bearn wallets. I put them in rotation along with many Chanel wallets and WOCs. I do love Hermes colors. Enjoy, can't wait to see your pics. You are on a roll.

Thanks! It's Bougainvillier. Looks beautiful in the pics! I'm excited to have found one!

G&Smommy said:
Thanks! It's Bougainvillier. Looks beautiful in the pics! I'm excited to have found one!

As an aside, (a Hermes aside no less). That will be exciting. I have a picture of Bougainvillea SLGS in the Mysore Chevre (goat leather) that I bought. It is a large Karo GM. Blues and red are my favorite colors, like many of you.

Attachments

• image-822140764.jpg
    image-822140764.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 277
  • image-4060629994.jpg
    image-4060629994.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 280
  • image-894836345.jpg
    image-894836345.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
That will be exciting. I have a picture of Bougainvillea in the Mysore Chevre/goat leather that I bought. It is a large Karo GM. Blues and red are my favorite colors, like many of you

Thanks for the pics! It is very pretty! The Karo seems very useful. I am looking into those as well. I love blues, reds, bright pinks, and purples for SLGs. I really like having a pop of color in my generally neutral bags.

Thanks for the pics! It is very pretty! The Karo seems very useful. I am looking into those as well. I love blues, reds, bright pinks, and purples for SLGs. I really like having a pop of color in my generally neutral bags.

I use these pops of color for my neutral bags as well. I love it with my 26 cm Black, Togo SO Kelly

g&smommy, you have a wonderful collection! and as many gals here stated, the chase is often more fun than the prize for me. i also spent years re-editing my collection. how i know my collection is complete is that i can walk through the boutique and have absolutely no desire to bring home another bag, regardless of the price. yes, i still enjoy looking at the new bags/colors, but i no longer have that rush in my head or palpitation in my chest to buy it, prob because i know the bags i have at home are already more than enough for any lifetime!

but who knows....maybe if a gator reissue shows up in just the right shade of gray...lol!

g&smommy, you have a wonderful collection! and as many gals here stated, the chase is often more fun than the prize for me. i also spent years re-editing my collection. how i know my collection is complete is that i can walk through the boutique and have absolutely no desire to bring home another bag, regardless of the price. yes, i still enjoy looking at the new bags/colors, but i no longer have that rush in my head or palpitation in my chest to buy it, prob because i know the bags i have at home are already more than enough for any lifetime!

but who knows....maybe if a gator reissue shows up in just the right shade of gray...lol!

Thanks! I know what you mean about the sort of giddy feeling. I haven't had that in some time now, and, when I do, reality sets in pretty quickly and lets me know that I already have something similar enough and I don't really need it.

Grey gator reissue sounds amazing! That would be gorgeous! I am not saying never either, but I have to wowed at this point.

Much to my surprise, I am starting to feel as if my Chanel collection is complete. I can still see myself acquiring smaller items like SLGs, shoes, and RTW (on sale, of course), but I really feel I have all of the bags I currently "need" (relative term) or could reasonably use. I am still wait listed for a number of items but I am finding it really easy to say "no" as most feel repetitive of what I already have in my collection or not special enough to justify the ever rising prices.

My current collection (after some selling and exchanges) consists of the following (many of which are still NWT):

Black Patent Jumbo SHW
Black Lamb Jumbo Bijoux Chain
Pearly Beige Jumbo GHW
Navy Caviar Jumbo SHW
Metallic Black Reissue 227
Dark Gold Reissue 227
Pale Gold (more silver IRL) Reissue 227
Dark Navy Reissue 227
Black Reissue Camera Bag GHW
Grey Reissue 226
Taupe Reissue 226
Silver Lambskin Ice Cube Flap
CC Pocket Tote in Black
5 WOCs
Vintage Black Lamb GHW Messenger Flap
Vintage Black Lamb GHW Camera Bag with Tassel
A few wallets and card cases
More shoes than I count!
Some dresses, cardigans, and jackets all bought on sale

I feel like I have varied collection of colors and styles that largely work for my life (though my Jumbos don't get used enough) and know I don't "need" to acquire any others.

Has anyone else reached this point? Was it a fleeting satisfaction or did you truly feel done? I have spent so much time the last few years on researching and building my Chanel collection, I almost don't know what to do with myself if my collection is truly complete!
You have pretty good collection, but don't miss 12A red flap this year. It's gorgeous!!! You will know your collection is complete when you stop looking. ;)

Hi G&SMommy, saw your thread this morning while I was at work but really wanted to think this through before I replied. It's a great thread and it resonated well with me. I will be getting married soon and wondering if this move to the next stage of my life will also translate to a review of my current habits.

While my collection is definitely not as enviable as yours (side note, love your reissue cam bag and dark navy reissue), I have been deliberating to stop for some time now. I have 6 flaps and 2 wocs and feel that they are enough to cover the different occasions of my life. While I do get tempted by the latest colors and seasonal bags, the thrill goes off faster and I ask myself more frequently if it's going to be something I am going to sell a few years down the road (I find selling a hassle!) Also while others have mentioned about the thrill of the chase which I cannot deny, I also find it strangely happy and comforting to know that you have a collection you love and treasure well and they will become legacies you will pass on in the future. Like the company of old friends you know? ;)

All that being said, I find myself being increasingly drawn to Chanel CJ and shoes recently. Lol :P Thanks for the great thread!