How do you know when you REALLY love a bag?

funny you guys keep saying that because my holy grail bag is still in its dust bag with the tags on it.

and i'm head over heels for it!

i'm just afraid to use it cause it's an original carly, and i'm afraid it will fray on me. i'm sure it'd be fine cause i take exceptionally good care of bags, i'm just a nervous person lol.

I'm going to buy the original Carly this coming Saturday at Macy's. My older Carly had fraying issues. However, my new Carly will be used and loved wholeheartedly. :smile:

HI,
This is so me with my Kristin Elevated N/S tote and my Studded Pleated Kristin Satchel. I replaced my Kristin Tote twice due to rings peeling. I contemplated a 3rd time to exchange but I just returned her and can't stop thinking about her!!! I exchanged my Studded Pleated Boysenberry Satchel for the Black due to flaking! I miss the Boysenberry Kristin.
I keep wondering if both went to Coach heaven!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I'm sorry about your bags. I had the boysenberry studded wallet, which I loved and got an awesome deal on, but she started flaking pretty bad in the first week or two, so back she went. Perhaps my wallet and your bag are together in Coach heaven :angel:

You know you really love a bag when it peels on you within the first couple of weeks, so you get a replacement. Then, when the replacement peels, you get yet another replacement! If it's just so-so love, a normal person would have given up after the first, but definitely by the second incident. Only a person who is totally head over heels would do this a third time. Oh, and the the person who does this keeps checking on the bag as if it were a sleeping newborn just to make sure it's still ok and hasn't started to fall apart while sitting on the bureau :P Wait, is this love or the beginning of insanity :wacko:
This is way too cute!! It must be Love:smile:
I know I love a handbag when:

1. I look at it and don't immediately think, "if only this or that were different, it'd be perfect".
2. I use grocery shopping as an excuse to carry said bag :P

If it's merely a crush, buying the bag will weigh heavily on my conscience. I know it isn't the perfect fit, but I've purchased it anyways. I'll just stare at it and wonder wtf I was thinking, and then attempt to talk myself out of returning it due to laziness. But when I finally do return the bag, I feel awesome!
ITA~:smile:

True Love:
Start picturing myself wearing her with outfits I don't have yet;
Daydream about scenes where I would look like Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day or Halle Berry using her (i.e. driving down the coast in an open convertible with Coach scarf on head and sunglasses);
Everything I buy matches her in color/style;
The first time I use her I actually wear eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner and foundation instead of just lipstick, even if it's not a dressy situation;
At a restaurant, will place her on my lap with a napkin completely covering her instead of swinging her over the back of the chair;
Store her on the top shelf of my closet because I hope that if burglars break in, they'll start with the easier to reach items first;
Will give my DH a dirty look or an "Aghh" when he moves her even temporarily from her designated altar.

Feeling of meh:
Driving back from the outlet, will make a mental note to keep the receipt in an easy-to-find spot so that I can easily return her if necessary;
Will start looking at Ebay to find out what the going rate is for her (note: have actually never sold or even listed a purse, just the fact that the idea crossed my mind is a red flag);
Will show her to my sister or niece when they visit to see if they like her (with the intention of gifting her to them at Christmas if they show any interest).

Total purchase mistake:
Will take her to my mom's and leave her on the bed (because my mom wouldn't know Coach or any other designer from Foach but will appreciate all equally) without waiting for Christmas or any special gifting situation;
Take her back for a refund.