how do you know if a particular style is right for you???

I got an amazing FB PT and had reservations about it's size when I bought it but got it anyways. After playing with it, I was certain that it's not ideal for me and went for the city style. It's much better for me. It takes time and trial to find out what works.

I keep thinking I need Cities and then selling them because they just don't look that good on me. I'm a shoulder bag girl and I LOVE the day.It's just the easiest to use for me and fits my casual lifestyle. All my days get worn frequently. I'd still like a first for going out, but I'll wait for one that's a really good deal because it won't get worn much.

I'd still like a first for going out, but I'll wait for one that's a really good deal because it won't get worn much.

Thats my issue at the moment, with twiggies, they are ok for casual nights out, but not for something a little more glamourous. So I've ordered a little white shoulder bag and matching coin purse from Diabro and together its only £300 GBP, which a) is a bargain and, b) if I don't like them I can sell them on and recoup my loss. :yahoo:

It took me a few months of carrying the City to determine what I don't like about it. I'm a shoulder strap girl, and I was constantly bothered by the hand vs. detachable shoulder strap thing.

I ended up with a Rouille Courrier, which I love to death.

My mom has a First, which is great for her, because she's 4'10"; the city is too large for her tastes.

I think you almost need to carry one for a few days around the house, then decide. Don't remove the tags, etc. Like buying one from the store, stuffing it with safe, weighty things like your wallet (no pens!) sunglasses, an agenda, etc., then see how it feels. If you hate it, return it. Like a test drive.

It's interesting to see how many of us experienced the same struggle. Right now I only have 3 styles= a first, a city and a day, all in black. My day gets used the most, almost every day :smile:

My first has gotten used a few times, but only when I have gone out at night. I love it though.

The city- like you, it's not working for me. I only used it 2x for a couple of hours each time and it's not for me. I bought it b/c it looked fabulous on everyone else but I need a shoulder bag and I don't like the city's shoulder strap.

I'm not sure what I am going to do with my city. I'm too scared of ebay.

I believe my next purchase will be a Giant Hobo. But I will not purchase it until I figure out what to do with my city.

I think you have to wear the styles awhile before you know.

After buying 1 Day, 2 Cities, 1 twiggy, 1 part time and 1 weekender I have decided that my absolute favorite style is the FIRST!!!! :rolleyes: :nuts: HOWEVER....

For me...I feel like I need lots of variety because my days are sooooo different everyday.

I love my weeekender for travel and work. I love the first for weekends and nights. I love the parttime for days when I need room for a book and ipod. I really just like the variety option.

I will say that I don't love the city style as much as everyone else. I like the twiggy better.

For a small bag...the first
For a medium bag..twiggy or day
For a large bag...weekender :heart:

You guys! I'm debating between city and work since I know the First will be way too small for me (I'm 5'4" medium build). I want something I can use for work, shopping, and just dinner with family. I don't usually carry much - just the usual: cellphone, wallet, small Marc Jacobs cosmetic pouch, and sometimes, my son's Nintendo DS). I like to carry the bag on my shoulder at times when I have to chase after my 6 yr old. Help!

i am obviously partial to the Work style, so that's what i'd go for.

I love love my first style. It's basically perfect for me (I'm 5'8", 106lbs), so b/c I'm quite tall I was nervous it'd look too small, but b/c I'm slender it works really well :yes:

I just sent back a Twiggy - it was too long for my liking & when worn on the shoulder it looked like a duffel/gym bag to me.

So ordered a City, which I'm a little nervous about. My Mom saw a City w/GH in Europe & said she thought it was a really big bag... so I may end up sending that back too & with my store credit I'll just end up with two firsts.

I guess you never really know until you have worn a certain style for a while. After lots of trial and error, I know the Work is meant for me. I also like the First when I am by myself and without the kids. It's nice to carry a petite bag when you don't need to bring wipes, nappies etc

I had to try the City many times (just trying, not buying) and I just didn't get it until the Anthracite one came into my life. Until then, I just thought it was a big shapeless, boring square of leather. And now I love it to pieces!

I don't think you can force it. But most likely come color will come along and you'll think it was MADE for a city.

And I don't necessarily think I want another city...and yet I could see myself having a couple of Days and Twiggys (Twiggies?). But then I'm sure some other color would come along and I'd be sold.

exactly! I was the only person who thought that the city looks like a square. Okay, I am glad i'm not the only one. thanks so much girls. I'm happy know now i'm not the only one who had style dilemmas.

I feel the same way about the City as far as it being square. I only carry it using the shoulder strap. I like the way it slouches. It took me quite a few purchases to find my favorite style which is the PT. It's almost as big as the Work (not as deep) but has a shoulder strap. I can carry it cross-body which is a must for me when I have the kids with me. But when I don't want that big of a bag, I use the City.

i bought my first city without seeing it in real and i must say i thought it would be bigger:shrugs: ... so then i bought another one - only because it was turquoise 05 and i just couldnt let it go:heart: ...but my dream size is weekender and work ( if no weekenders around...) i guess we just learn it the hard way ! :rolleyes:

For me I love the city style..my black city was my first bbag and luckily the size worked out great for me. I tried the twiggy awhile back but hated it..it was too wide for me and too small as well. I've never purchased a first but I already know I won't like it much because it's too small and I really need a bag that I can carry my life in. :P I tried on the purse style back in November at NM and the shape was just wrong on me...i hated it. I know since i go for more bigger bags..that I'll love a work..and i'm actually in the process of finding myself a black work or maybe even a violet work..now wouldn't that be hot ?:drool:

I love the first. I think it's perfect for me. But its probably because I'm about 4'11" and anything bigger than a first just feels too big for me. that, and I don't carry a lot of stuff.

I know exactly what you mean:yes: I got a first and loved the style and way it looked, yet felt I also needed something bigger for work and uni so I got a city. I also loved the city but thought I needed something bigger with longer handles and without the looong zipper to be able to wear it over a coat so I got a purse. Then I thought I really needed a clutch for chic evenings and the list goes on ...:rolleyes:

I think the perfect bag would look like a First in the size of the City, without zipper ears (unlike the City) with longer handles like the Purse!