How do you keep your stuff organized in the medium cabat - show us pics of the inside

Jun 4, 2006
Hello everyone, I am still in the quest of that perfect cabat (and I see that lately there are many threads on cabat!), I have always thought that the medium would look too big on me (I am only 5'1"), but now I am reconsidering the medium size once again now that I have also see a mini one IRL (I have decided to return the mini lilac one). I am thinking if the medium cabat is folded on the side it may look fine on me (does the side remain folded or will it keep flipping out?)

One of my main concerns is that the med cabat seems to be one huge open space inside, so I'd love to hear how you ladies keep your things organized in your medium cabat. Ideally I would like to find a purse insert that would keep things organized and for easy access. I also know some ladies use small pouches to keep things organized too.

Do you mind posting pictures of how things are organized inside your med cabat, for my inspiration? ;)

mind posting pictures- no worries- i love it.
to keep the cabat organized i use the bv pouches.
it keeps the cabat organized and makes it easy to transfer stuff to other bags/cabats.

attachment.php

for travel i just used bigger pouches- they are lv ones but useful.

attachment.php

and easy to transfer to other bags-

attachment.php

i also had something special ordered that i just picked up friday that i'll photograph and post later.
the cabat is a great bag and easy to use. you can put in a lot of things and leave the sides open or not that much and fold in the sides.
the sides stay folded pretty well depending on how much you have in the bag and the type of leather. my large vachetta stays folded really well. i don't fold my medium very often.
hth

Attachments

• inside cabat 3.jpg
    inside cabat 3.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 878
  • IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 946
Wow, you are so well-organized! I´m impressed.

it keeps the cabat organized and makes it easy to transfer stuff to other bags/cabats.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i also had something special ordered that i just picked up friday that i'll photograph and post later.
the cabat is a great bag and easy to use. you can put in a lot of things and leave the sides open or not that much and fold in the sides.
the sides stay folded pretty well depending on how much you have in the bag and the type of leather. my large vachetta stays folded really well. i don't fold my medium very often.
hth

That is such a well organised cabat Annie!! I love the way everything fits perfectly and it looks so easy to just transfer.
I use a vip organiser for my bags, it works well although I find it slightly small.

That is such a well organised cabat Annie!! I love the way everything fits perfectly and it looks so easy to just transfer.
I use a vip organiser for my bags, it works well although I find it slightly small.
i tried the chameleon and purseket and didn't love either.
i find the bv pouches are the right size for the cabat. i love them- the skins and the craftsmanship are so great. i'll post my new one as soon as i can. i think you'll love it too.
glad the vip works for you.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

hth

Thanks for the pic! I am planning to get the bag in lilac nappa, so I guess nappa does stay folded quite well then?

Do you think the medium cabat is heavy after you put your stuff in? I don't carry a lot so I think I will keep the bag folded on the side.

Thanks for the pic! I am planning to get the bag in lilac nappa, so I guess nappa does stay folded quite well then?

Do you think the medium cabat is heavy after you put your stuff in? I don't carry a lot so I think I will keep the bag folded on the side.
if you don't carry a lot then the medium nappa will stay folded. the nappa will get really soft so you may have to retuck the sides. i don't usually fold the sides so i'm not sure. my large vachette tucks by itself. just so big and structured i guess.
you will have the option to put in as much as you like and have the sides unfolded- will work great for you either way.
do you like the look better folded or is it a security issue? i would be happy to try to help you either way. i know you really love the bag and want it to work. it is a lot of money so i totally understand.
as far as the weight; that's very individual, i think the medium nappa is very light. i sometimes carry my medium with three pouches, my kindle, a water bottle and a h gm shawl with no problem. i find my large vachette way too heavy. i don't have many of the other styles so i can't give you another reference.
do you know how you'll organize your things?

if you don't carry a lot then the medium nappa will stay folded. the nappa will get really soft so you may have to retuck the sides. i don't usually fold the sides so i'm not sure. my large vachette tucks by itself. just so big and structured i guess.
you will have the option to put in as much as you like and have the sides unfolded- will work great for you either way.
do you like the look better folded or is it a security issue? i would be happy to try to help you either way. i know you really love the bag and want it to work. it is a lot of money so i totally understand.
as far as the weight; that's very individual, i think the medium nappa is very light. i sometimes carry my medium with three pouches, my kindle, a water bottle and a h gm shawl with no problem. i find my large vachette way too heavy. i don't have many of the other styles so i can't give you another reference.
do you know how you'll organize your things?

Thanks Annie! Because I am so short, I feel that the bag looks better on me with the sides folded in, that's why I am hoping the sides will stay folded. So you think I will need to retuck the sides?

Plus I don't carry a lot anyway, I could have done it with the mini size in terms of capacity, it's just that I think I start to prefer the look of the medium when sides are folded compared to just the mini. But yes, security is also another issue. If I am taller, I think porportion-wise I would look just fine when the sides aren't folded....but too bad I am short...

I am thinking about buying a purse insert to organize stuff. I have a purse-to-go but that's too small (I got that for my Chanel flap bag). I think I prefer a purse insert rather than pouches since with pouches you need to unzip the pouch to get what you need inside (I am lazy...).

As to the weight, because I am so used to the light weight of my other BVs (Veneta and Campana), I wonder if I can handle the med cabat weight. But again, I guess I need to try to put all my stuff in the bag and test drive it in the store...

Yea, it's a lot of money and it will be probably my one and only cabat, so I want to make sure it will be perfect for me.

Thanks Annie! Because I am so short, I feel that the bag looks better on me with the sides folded in, that's why I am hoping the sides will stay folded. So you think I will need to retuck the sides?

Plus I don't carry a lot anyway, I could have done it with the mini size in terms of capacity, it's just that I think I start to prefer the look of the medium when sides are folded compared to just the mini. But yes, security is also another issue. If I am taller, I think porportion-wise I would look just fine when the sides aren't folded....but too bad I am short...

I am thinking about buying a purse insert to organize stuff. I have a purse-to-go but that's too small (I got that for my Chanel flap bag). I think I prefer a purse insert rather than pouches since with pouches you need to unzip the pouch to get what you need inside (I am lazy...).

As to the weight, because I am so used to the light weight of my other BVs (Veneta and Campana), I wonder if I can handle the med cabat weight. But again, I guess I need to try to put all my stuff in the bag and test drive it in the store...

Yea, it's a lot of money and it will be probably my one and only cabat, so I want to make sure it will be perfect for me.
i know exactly how you feel about making the right decision. i think a test drive is a good option. i know you really love the bag and will make it work.
i am not sure you will have to re-tuck- i think it will be a function as to how much you carry. i'm not very tall either 5'4" and initially i felt the medium was huge and wanted to tuck all the time but i got to love it open. just saying you will always have the option. i think it is great either way.
i am sometimes concerned with security.
i recently special ordered another pouch like the one in the cabat so i could keep it attached- here are some possible ideas for you.

black ostrick pouch

attachment.php

i attached the silver ring and put it through the cabat pouch.

attachment.php

some of the inside.

attachment.php

attachment.php

i'm sure the purse insert will work well for you and hopefully others will post pictures for you. the pouches do require unzipping but i usually leave the one with my wallet unzipped for easy access (i'm lazy too).
i am not in any way trying to convince you to do it this way just offering you some ideas. please don't feel under any pressure to do it this way. as i said i know you love the bag and i would love to see it work well for you.

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG_1670.jpg
    IMG_1670.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 669
annie - I LURVE all those pouches. Glad to know I am not the only one who likes my things safely put into things.

hikarupanda - you and i are the same height. i have to say when i tried the medium on in stores, my preference was to have the sides folded in. i am considering whether to put aftermarket ties on the sides as i saw somewhere to keep it folded since i like that look so much. will have to see when i finally get her.

i have a hermes garden party that i use for work and like the fact that it has snaps on the sides and in the middle to keep things closed in and a little more secure. i use a large or x-large (don't remember which size i bought) chameleon insert inside a dustbag which i fold over so things don't feel so open, KWIM? i also have an evolving rainbow of pouches (as i try to figure out what works best for me) and other knick knacky things like annie to hold my things.

Attachments

• CIMG1261.JPG
    CIMG1261.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 334
  • CIMG1260.JPG
    CIMG1260.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 351
  • rainbow1.jpg
    rainbow1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 331
annie - I LURVE all those pouches. Glad to know I am not the only one who likes my things safely put into things.

hikarupanda - you and i are the same height. i have to say when i tried the medium on in stores, my preference was to have the sides folded in. i am considering whether to put aftermarket ties on the sides as i saw somewhere to keep it folded since i like that look so much. will have to see when i finally get her.

i have a hermes garden party that i use for work and like the fact that it has snaps on the sides and in the middle to keep things closed in and a little more secure. i use a large or x-large (don't remember which size i bought) chameleon insert inside a dustbag which i fold over so things don't feel so open, KWIM? i also have an evolving rainbow of pouches (as i try to figure out what works best for me) and other knick knacky things like annie to hold my things.
love all your beautiful h slg's especially the karo's.
can't wait to see them in your new cabat. has it arrived? how are you going to organize your things?

love all your beautiful h slg's especially the karo's.
can't wait to see them in your new cabat. has it arrived? how are you going to organize your things?

hi annie - i hope my cabat has arrived. i am working out of town so have to wait until Friday. definitely plan to play with the organizing. i sold the RS and the turquoise karos and now have an orange one for my cashmere shawl. thinking about a replacement PM. turquoise just did not suit me.

i love the way you have your pouches hooked together.

hi annie - i hope my cabat has arrived. i am working out of town so have to wait until Friday. definitely plan to play with the organizing. i sold the RS and the turquoise karos and now have an orange one for my cashmere shawl. thinking about a replacement PM. turquoise just did not suit me.

i love the way you have your pouches hooked together.
thanks, i just love the black ostrich. it is amazing- i have to do a reveal for it just haven't had time.

i have an orange also and love it, also a brighton blue. h also does color so well.

i can't wait for your reveal. i would love to hear your impressions of the cabat and birkin. and can't wait to see how you organize your cabat.
it must be so hard being out of town knowing your cabat may be home.
anyway don't work too hard and so looking forward to your reveal.