How do you keep your makeup case clean??

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
Sorry if this has already been posted (no search function)! I really want a Coach makeup case, but I'm terrified of getting it dirty. I usually carry eyeliner in my purse (a just in case kind of thing), and eyeliner stains like crazy :sad: So I was wondering - how do Coachies keep their makeup cases clean?

Also, do people generally prefer the large or the medium?
I don't usually carry a lot of makeup (right now, I'm carrying it in this ugly Listerine toothbrush case), but the medium has such limited color selection! :sad:

Cate14

I Need More Cowbell
O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
I have the medium, heritage stripe case (pink), which I feel is a bit too small for my needs. Everything fits well except for my blush brush.

I was freakish about keeping the case clean (for the first month), so much so that I kept my makeup in a small Glad plastic bag within the case! My dh convinced me to "let go," so now, no baggy! Haven't had a problem with stains, yet, but I recall reading from other posters that many stains will just wipe out with a damp cloth.

If you decide on one, let us know (and post pics, please!).

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
I'll be honest...any time I put anything like that or lip gloss in any Coach makeup case (or wristlet), I put the makeup down in a plastic zip lock bag first, and then put the bag in the makeup case. I know...very weird, lol, but I too am terrified of stains and dirt. Of course I could just put the ziplock down in my bag, but then that wouldn't look cool! :P I'm also ultra paranoid about pens in my bag too!

Apr 25, 2007
I have the heritage stripe make up case and the black/gunmetal case and I have never had an issue with make up, yet.

I figure it will get dirty eventually so I'm just going to live with it if it happens.

KerriKatherine

Loves Her 'Triple P'
O.G.
Mar 7, 2008
I'll be honest...any time I put anything like that or lip gloss in any Coach makeup case (or wristlet), I put the makeup down in a plastic zip lock bag first, and then put the bag in the makeup case. I know...very weird, lol, but I too am terrified of stains and dirt. Of course I could just put the ziplock down in my bag, but then that wouldn't look cool! :P I'm also ultra paranoid about pens in my bag too!

I was actually contemplating doing the exact same thing :smile: Makeup stains are almost as bad as wine to get out :S One time, I touched my lip (without noticing) and then put my hand down on the lining of my Ali... and pink lip gloss transferred. I think I spent a good two hours getting the stain out, and you can still see a faint outline of it :sad:

gypsumrose

Bella Enchanted
O.G.
Oct 4, 2007
I don't have any make up cases (yet!), but I know I don't care about my wristlets NEARLY as much as my bags. I figure I bought them, they were relatively cheap (compared to the bags anyway) and gosh darn it, I'm gonna use them!

Mar 30, 2006
I have too many make-up cases! :shame: Right now I am using the larger heritage stripe case. It fits most of the important stuff but its a bit smaller than I like. I LOVE my large tattersall case but its a bit large for some of my bags.

I keep my cases pretty clean by just making sure that all my make-up is clean and I don't put much more than lipgloss, chapstick, and powder in there.

heqet

is happy! :)
Feb 2, 2008
I'm terrified to keep my make-up in anything Coach. I don't want to mess up the beautiful lining. I a little embarrassed to say that I keep my make-up in a non-Coach make-up bag! :shame: :shocked:

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
I'm terrified to keep my make-up in anything Coach. I don't want to mess up the beautiful lining. I a little embarrassed to say that I keep my make-up in a non-Coach make-up bag! :shame: :shocked:

I do, too! Keep my makeup in a non-Coach bag always on the counter of my bathroom. It's a Sanrio bag with choco pup on it. I know, I'm 30 something but still like cuteness. I've finally dared to put a lipstick inside of a wristlet then place it in my Coach bag. I suppose when summer gets hot I'll remove the lipstick outta there! I keep my ball point pen in a wristlet in my Coach bag and I'll have to admit it's a PAIN to get to it fast when I'm standing in line to write a check. It's worth the trouble, though.

Jkm

Jul 2, 2007
I don't have a problem w/the items I put in wristlets, ie lipstick, chapstick, hand sanitizer...
I do have a large sig. pink cosmetic case that i use strictly for out of town trips, and ive noticed the inside lining is soiled. The zip loc bag is a great idea.

Jan 2, 2008
I have 2 of the large heritage stripe makeup bags, and I have had problems with keeping it clean at first, if I do get makeup on the inside I have used a shout wipe to wipe it clean and it works great! But now I have also resorted to using a plastic little baggy and put my bronzer in it because it has a tendency to leak a little bit... I keep my lipgloss and other things in there w/out a baggy...

cupcake

O.G.
May 5, 2006
My cosmetic cases are disgusting inside! I really don't have a problem with it, though, because that is why I bought them - they are serving their purpose. It's more important to me to keep the lining in my bags clean so I keep everything in my skinny cosmetic case. Every time I have something open or leak I am thankful that it was in the case. Just last week my Bobbi Brown tinted lip balm exploded (the cap broke and so it was floating around without a cap). I wiped out the excess and filled it back up. It didn't make me angry or sad at all.